• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Re 5) Have you never seen Auf Wederstein (sp) Pet.
No, I haven't. What is it, btw?

geoffwp

Nancy Pelosi screwing up Bolton's plans. Ha ha. Go girl.

geoffwp

Speak for yourself.
I don't think that really is a very logical thing to say tavy, considering I'm wanting to stay connected whereas you aren't. Perhaps I shouldn't expect logic from you though.

tavyred

I don't think that really is a very logical thing to say tavy, considering I'm wanting to stay connected whereas you aren't. Perhaps I shouldn't expect logic from you though.
The whole world is my lobster Geoff, I suspect however that you’d struggle to connect with Ipplepen! :)

geoffwp

Well I did stop at the Wellington once for lunch and a pint on the way through to Totnes but I'm not sure how much of a connection it was.

IndoMike

Here we go. Unsurprising problem no 1 with the future spiffing trade deal with them there Yanks.

IndoMike

Problem no. 2. Not not news, but a reminder that Pelosi says Congress will block any trade deals with UK if the Good Friday Agreement is threatened. They may or may not want/need to do that, but it's an indicator that doing trade deals to compensate for the huge loss of trade with the EU will not be a walk in the park.

DB9

Corbyn wants MP's to make him PM so he can stop a no deal Brexit! Are things that bad a man who isn't even popular with his own MP's thinks the country would accept that?? Is he growing funny plants down on his allotments and smoking it??

tavyred

Corbyn wants MP's to make him PM so he can stop a no deal Brexit! Are things that bad a man who isn't even popular with his own MP's thinks the country would accept that?? Is he growing funny plants down on his allotments and smoking it??
Not for nothing did McDonnell state that Labour would not oppose a 2nd Scottish independence referendum. All part of the game.

DB9

Not for nothing did McDonnell state that Labour would not oppose a 2nd Scottish independence referendum. All part of the game.
It's becoming more like a battle of the egos with Johnson on one side and Corbyn on the other and neither give a stuff about the UK, It's all about personal political power