• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hold fire on the Starmer 'coronation'.
RLB has the lead in a survation poll of the membership this morning and is also tipped to get the nod of approval from the Momentum mob.
This aint over.

From the same survey :
"The limitation for Ms. Long-Bailey’s critics is that more than a third of respondents said they hadn’t decided who they would vote for in the leadership fight, and only 22% were sure they would have their minds in the remaining 11 Weeks would not change the competition".
(The bad English is theirs, not mine).

elginCity

Some of our posters did the same 🙄
Same what ?

IndoMike

Same what ?
See your post 8579

IndoMike

RLB has the lead in a survation poll of the membership this morning and is also tipped to get the nod of approval from the Momentum mob.
This aint over.
Latest betting odds:
Starmer 4/6
RLB 9/4.

I'm starting to have a few niggling doubts about who I'd prefer, but don't imagine the candidates will worry about that
I like the way RLB has gone about this so far.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
This aint over.
Momentum's "poll" was apparently something like "Do you want Wrong-Daily as the next leader?" with boxes for yes or no. She "won" on something like a 20% turnout.

Bittners a Legend

Latest betting odds:
Starmer 4/6
RLB 9/4.

I'm starting to have a few niggling doubts about who I'd prefer, but don't imagine the candidates will worry about that
I like the way RLB has gone about this so far.
RLB's 10/10 for Corbyn comment tells you one of three things:

1) She genuinely meant it and ergo doesn't care about ever winning power
2) She has a truly terrible lack of judgement
3) She is too weak to dare to criticise the clearly discredited in the mainstream Corbyn

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

3) She is too weak to dare to criticise the clearly discredited in the mainstream Corbyn
That wing of the Labour party appears to care more about "being right" and "winning the argument" than "winning elections".

Lisa Nandy has apparently caused a bit of a fuss with some remarks around Scotland vs Catalonia.

IndoMike

Yes she's clearly the natural successor to Corbyn : no doubt about it
I still think Starmer will win and the bookies view is the same - and they aren't stupid
But I'm just getting the niggling feeling that Starmer is a bit of a plodder whereas RLB is a fighter. Could just be body language.
It seems like Labour needs stability at the moment, but who knows?

DB9

That wing of the Labour party appears to care more about "being right" and "winning the argument" than "winning elections".

Lisa Nandy has apparently caused a bit of a fuss with some remarks around Scotland vs Catalonia.
Corbyn apparently did win the argument at the GE, Problem was the country voted otherwise 🤔😆

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Corbyn apparently did win the argument at the GE, Problem was the country voted otherwise 🤔😆
We may have lost 6-0, but we won more throw ins than the oppo.