• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
I hope you had the presence of mind to cycle up there mate, God forbid your 600 mile round trip would add more to the carbon footprint of Bono etc.
Mind you the amount of veggies up there (apart from the ones caught queuing at McDonalds for their bacon burgers) must be putting out more methane and hot air than 4-5 herd of cattle altogether !

Don't forget to check yer mobile phone / Ipad for all the latest demo get togethers , Cant wait to see you on the telly with a big pot of carcinogenic, polluting the atmosphere super glue sticking yer hand to an ELECTRIC train.
Just something I've got to do mate, can't explain it any other way. A bit like needing to get to Wembley to watch city get promoted!!😁😎

tavyred

Would you like to detail how I, a middle class one time Labour Party officer and trades union official , have abandoned the white working class?

Please don't say "because you support Remain" - I know plenty of white working class people who do as well. This myth that the entire white working class voted to Leave therefore this is what we must do is as inaccurate as it is toxic
Come on art, post the referendum aggrieved Remain voters couldn’t wait to flag up the lower socioeconomic status and educational standards of your average Leave voter. You do remember that surely?
Come the next GE I expect vast tracts of the North to follow the Midlands lead and realise that Corbyn’s Labour are now the party of the middle class inhabitants of the University cities and metropolitan areas with bigger than average immigrant communities. I’ve obviously no idea if you personally have contributed to Labours abandonment of its traditional core vote.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Just something I've got to do mate, can't explain it any other way. A bit like needing to get to Wembley to watch city get promoted!!😁😎
Hope you get bail by next weekend UTC.

geoffwp

Take care up there Geoff, it’s seems ordinary Londoners have grown tired of you middle class away day protesters filling your empty days of blissful retirement with abject buffoonery at their expense.
My blissful retirement as you put it is anything but empty, sunshine. It's pretty much filled, with a lot of it to do with grand children. It's them I'll be thinking of not tired Londoners. The thing is the majority of the general public don't really want to face up to the situation we are all in. Too much out of the comfort zone. When they do come around to realising what is happening it will probably be an unstoppable runaway train by then.

arthur

Come on art, post the referendum aggrieved Remain voters couldn’t wait to flag up the lower socioeconomic status and educational standards of your average Leave voter. You do remember that surely?
Come the next GE I expect vast tracts of the North to follow the Midlands lead and realise that Corbyn’s Labour are now the party of the middle class inhabitants of the University cities and metropolitan areas with bigger than average immigrant communities. I’ve obviously no idea if you personally have contributed to Labours abandonment of its traditional core vote.
Come on Tavy, you are retreating into stereotypes and tropes again. All Remainers think all Leavers are thick. Time and again I and other have asked for evidence of any prominent Remain campaigner saying this, and answer has come there none other than a few obscure blogs that Jason has managed to unearth. Your specific charge is that "The abandonment of the white working class by the Labour Party is writ large on these very pages" yet apart from Anon/D lock's momentary lapse of reason for which he was very strongly condemned I can't recall any evidence to back up your assertion. Perhaps you'd like to supply some?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
My blissful retirement as you put it is anything but empty, sunshine. It's pretty much filled, with a lot of it to do with grand children. It's them I'll be thinking of not tired Londoners. The thing is the majority of the general public don't really want to face up to the situation we are all in. Too much out of the comfort zone. When they do come around to realising what is happening it will probably be an unstoppable runaway train by then.
I'm tempted to pop by on the way to Cambridge, especially now that protesting has been banned. Interesting the difference in how the Stephen Yaxley-Lennon protests were handled, wit the police providing all sorts of assistance, and a stage was erected outside the court. Interesting to see who teh establishment support.

arthur

If we leave, trade talks with the EU to begin on November 1st. Much to discuss and argue over. All we've done so far is the financial settlement, citizens rights and the British border in Ireland. So much for done and dusted.....

arthur

More integrity from our great Prime Minister

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I'm tempted to pop by on the way to Cambridge, especially now that protesting has been banned. Interesting the difference in how the Stephen Yaxley-Lennon protests were handled, wit the police providing all sorts of assistance, and a stage was erected outside the court. Interesting to see who teh establishment support.
You mean like the police assistance to guide a rival faction of hate filled muslims and limp wristed rock throwing millenials towards a perfectly LEGAL gathering of his supporters instead of putting a line of police between them ?
The ER protest have been deemed unlawful , Arrest the whole lot PQD … Including Geoff lol.

geoffwp

, Arrest the whole lot PQD … Including Geoff lol.
As long as they do a decent ale in the nick. 😄