• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Probably but can be fixed if there's a will.
Sadly, there’s a large proportion of the population unrepresented under the present system.I count myself as one of them.After a reasonably long life I don’t trust either party and they shouldn’t have to be the only democratic alternative.

DB9

Sadly, there’s a large proportion of the population unrepresented under the present system.I count myself as one of them.After a reasonably long life I don’t trust either party and they shouldn’t have to be the only democratic alternative.
I'm like you, Especially in recent years, If a credible alternative came along that would make a difference I'd vote for that but the main parties won't become its like Turkey's voting for Christmas.

Stelios

UK politics is broken , end of.
Then again, you could argue it’s working as intended…… Back to musical chairs between the two main parties with not much difference between them (In actually running the country, not the thoughts of individual MPs). General apathy. No prospect of change or anything radical. Suits enough people.

Mr Jinx

I just saw this, guffaw. He's very rattled. Don't really understand the point, the conservatives have been doing this for years and then cry about it when it doesn't go their way. Pathetic. It's exactly the reason ordinary people hate politics. They don't give a **** about Angela Rayner's houses, or Lee Anderson talking to one man and his dog on GB news. They just want stuff sorted out and improved.

Incidentally, I think Galloway is a ****, but he's his own man and politics needs that. Not focus groups, telling people what to say and do.
It's hilarious. We should be surveying the rubble of an absolute Labour clusterfeck, and a lot of the talk here is of Reform. Sure, you can question Tice's judgement in selecting an absolutely horrendous choice of candidate in Simon Danczuk who, not that long ago, was a Remain supporting Labour MP! I mean, what was he thinking?! Then you get classic deflectionary tactics here of throwing Nick Griffin into the ring. Well, heck, why not go the whole hog and chuck in some Hitler comparisons.

Let's not lose sight of the bigger picture here. Labour will be doing the most head scratching this weeked, for sure. Starmer's bumbling apology was total cringe. Regarding Sunak's address of yesterday - of course he's going to try and gain policitcal capital from Galloway's win, but most can see that it's just more hot air. More action is required and it's just not going to happen under the hapless diddy man.

Regarding Galloway's win - well you know my take on it. At least with Islamism coming through the front door, people get a better idea of what is happening. Labour's Trojan Horse got found out this time and they need to do a better masking job for next time.

Last edited:

DB9

Completely forgetting Galloway has proof that Tice asked him to run for Reform, Odious people attract other Odious people.

Mr Jinx

Completely forgetting Galloway has proof that Tice asked him to run for Reform, Odious people attract other Odious people.
Is he odious enough for you not to believe every word he says?

Alistair20000

George Galloway is wrong on so many things and in some cases dangerously wrong. However he a powerful orator and can capture an audience. The populist demagogue par excellence.

The Diddy Man and Sir Keith would love a bit of those qualities and charisma.

DB9

Is he odious enough for you not to believe every word he says?
Tice has not denied it I'm led to believe.

Mr Jinx

George Galloway is wrong on so many things and in some cases dangerously wrong. However he a powerful orator and can capture an audience. The populist demagogue par excellence.

The Diddy Man and Sir Keith would love a bit of those qualities and charisma.
Indeed. With Galloway - what you see is very much what you get. Compared to the weather vane, focus-group led Keith and pDiddy.

But of course fptp protects us from the former, whilst ensuring the status quo remains with the latter.

Whilst we're still on the topic of Rapedale and Reform, I see there's been no mention anywhere of the LibDems. Who only managed 200 votes more than Reform having held the seat for many years even as recently as 2010. Pitiful stuff from them given by-elections used to be their forte. How times change.

Mr Jinx

Tice has not denied it I'm led to believe.
In these days of kangaroo courtism, I guess that's as good as a life sentence. 🤷‍♂️