• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Perhaps its Labour that needs to keep up, they do seem rather keen on playing down their pro-EU sensibilities in order to tempt back the former red wall seats. You think Mon. Barnier waxing lyrical about Starmer helps in that regard?
Think some of these red wall seats are pretty peeved off with Sunak and the Tories after that dish out of money to areas like Sunak's own constitunecy when they've missed out but you are right about no one really wanting to go back to the Brexit thing, That recent poll said people do not want to go through all that again, Not so much the result but the 3 years ofter between 2016-2019, The HoC tried to overturn the result and as a result we've ended up where we are with to be frank and awful deal. Whether its right or wrong, People looked at Parliament at that time and saw the so called "Establishment" 650 of them wanting to overturn what 17m people voted for, You can argue the rights and wrongs of that referendum but once the result was cast it was up to the MP's to enact it but we smug, thinking they knew better than us mere mortals trying everything to stop it and to me that was so wrong even though i was so disappointed with the result those MP's at that time only have themselves to blame because by 2019 the British people were so fed up, Nothing got done for those 3 years, The country was left to rot because the MP's all they went on was about Brexit and how they wanted to take away what the UK people voted for and we ended up with a con like Johnson and his band.

I am still waiting for any real benefits from this vote but one thing was learnt, You give the people a chance to vote on something so important then there is a good chance you won't get the result you wanted or expected.

tavyred

Only a small minority, of which you are one, consider calling someone a "Good European " an insult. Presumably if I called you a bad European you'd take that as a compliment :cool:
I’m a good European Art as opposed to an EU Shill which is what Old Michel really meant when he gave the Son of a Toolmaker the unsolicited ‘Chuck up’ in his book.
Expect this story to be revisited big time come the next GE campaign.

Grecian2K

If this little local "vox pop" is correct a benign stance toward the EU might actually provide dividends:
Is Brexit creating more problems than it was supposed to solve?
Yes
74%
No
24%
Don't know
2%

Do you think the UK was right to vote for Brexit?
Yes
29%
No
70%
Don't know
1%
Thanks for taking our poll!
Read the latest politics news from Devon Live
Add to that last week's national survey that revealed that an "overwhelming" THREE of the 650 parliamentary constituencies were actually still claiming that Brexit was a spiffing (as opposed to spaffing) idea!
Brexit Was A Mistake, Poll Shows | HuffPost UK Politics (huffingtonpost.co.uk)
Perhaps Tavares & Jigzy might need to re-locate to the bleak flatlands of rural East Lincolnshire if they still wish to mingle with like-minded folk? :ROFLMAO:

Mr Jinx

If this little local "vox pop" is correct a benign stance toward the EU might actually provide dividends:

Add to that last week's national survey that revealed that an "overwhelming" THREE of the 650 parliamentary constituencies were actually still claiming that Brexit was a spiffing (as opposed to spaffing) idea!
Brexit Was A Mistake, Poll Shows | HuffPost UK Politics (huffingtonpost.co.uk)
Perhaps Tavares & Jigzy might need to re-locate to the bleak flatlands of rural East Lincolnshire if they still wish to mingle with like-minded folk? :ROFLMAO:
I guess we've come full circle.

We kept hearing how wrong lots of people were to blame all their ills on the EU (and therefore go and vote Leave).

By the same logic, it's also wrong that lots of people are now blaming all their ills on Brexit.

Can't have it both ways.

🤷‍♂️

Grecian2K

Or it could just be a case of "buyers' remorse", of course?

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
I guess we've come full circle.

We kept hearing how wrong lots of people were to blame all their ills on the EU (and therefore go and vote Leave).

By the same logic, it's also wrong that lots of people are now blaming all their ills on Brexit.

Can't have it both ways.

🤷‍♂️
Absolutely!

You’ve always been wrong about the EU.

I, and my erstwhile pro EU Entourage, are right about Brexit.

Amazing I’d never noticed that before. Thanks for highlighting.

Back in yer box Fartage Jr. 🤣😂🤣

arthur

I’m a good European Art as opposed to an EU Shill which is what Old Michel really meant when he gave the Son of a Toolmaker the unsolicited ‘Chuck up’ in his book.
Expect this story to be revisited big time come the next GE campaign.
"I want us to have a better relationship with countries in Europe"

Yes, I can see what a politically dangerous thing to say this must be, in your imagination, if nowhere else. I fear you will have to manage your expectations about the conduct of the next general election.

And do enlighten us as to what constitutes an EU Shill. Presumably another term of abuse for people you don't agree with to add to your extensive collection.

Mr Jinx

Or it could just be a case of "buyers' remorse", of course?
Well yep, just like I experienced after voting Labour in 2017. Never again.

Grecian2K

And do enlighten us as to what constitutes an EU Shill.
Presumably a small denomination coin in the Euro currency?

A kind of equivalent of the "Brexit Florid"...whoops, sorry, "Florin"

Grecian2K

Well yep, just like I experienced after voting Labour in 2017. Never again.
I don't think you'll be missed. :p. Presumably you'll be out campaigning in Islington on behalf of you erstwhile 2017 bezzie Jezza?