• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
A yougov poll of yesterday had Reform climbing higher to its highest yet. They're now at 9%, level with the LDs. Still a bit of work required to get the 14% they saw in 2015. I think that'd be achievable were Sir Nige to throw his full weight behind them (e.g. become joint leader and not just send the odd tweet).
The Reform vote, such as it is, ain't coming from one-time Labour supporters. Zero percent of those who voted Labour in 2019, or remain in 2016, intending to switch their allegiance to your crew.

Survey Report.jpg

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Reform vote, such as it is, ain't coming from one-time Labour supporters. Zero percent of those who voted Labour in 2019, or remain in 2016, intending to switch their allegiance to your crew.

View attachment 9767
Yeah, there was that assumption back around 2017. You know, that the vast majority of 2015's UKIP vote would come back to the Tories handing them an increased majority. Unfortunately for Theresa May, it very much didn't. Hey ho.

tavyred

In a new poll support for a United Ireland in NI dips to 27%, not helped by 21% of Catholics wishing to remain in the UK.
Another blow for those who believe the Union is on its last legs.

lamrobhero

In a new poll support for a United Ireland in NI dips to 27%, not helped by 21% of Catholics wishing to remain in the UK.
Another blow for those who believe the Union is on its last legs.
Maybe it will change if English subsidies to other regions was cut.

tavyred

Maybe it will change if English subsidies to other regions was cut.
It would definitely be a different picture if Barnett and it’s inbuilt fiscal bias toward the devolved nations suddenly ended. 🤷‍♂️

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
It would definitely be a different picture if Barnett and it’s inbuilt fiscal bias toward the devolved nations suddenly ended. 🤷‍♂️
Interesting that even Reform isn't pushing this one. I'd have thought it would be right up their street.

tavyred

Interesting that even Reform isn't pushing this one. I'd have thought it would be right up their street.
I seem to remember UKIP had a policy to end the BF at one point.
Even the likes of UKIP and Reform are reluctant to be seen to be vaguely England sympathetic I’ve noticed.
The moment a specific English political consciousness develops it’s probably the end of the Union IMO.

Mr Jinx

I seem to remember UKIP had a policy to end the BF at one point.
Even the likes of UKIP and Reform are reluctant to be seen to be vaguely England sympathetic I’ve noticed.
The moment a specific English political consciousness develops it’s probably the end of the Union IMO.
I think it's always a tough one for them. They are pro union at the end of the day.

arthur

Conor Burns is innocent I see. I thought at the time he had been the victim of over zealous virtue signalling, or perhaps it was just an opportunity sack a Johnson loyalist that couldn't be missed..

lamrobhero

"Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer has committed to abolishing the House of Lords as part of his reforms"

Sounds more like Tony Benn every day.