• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Talking of which, whither your own old mukka, the "stentorian" Sir Geffers Cox? Still doing his " constituency duties" ( and topping up his own retirement funds) in the BVIs?

Still, tax havens! Mustn't Mone, eh?

Cox is often pictured in the local press glad handing with the locals, but I sh1t you not I have not personally seen him in the Commons since he played a key role as AG in the dog days of the ‘rotten parliament’ back in 2019.
No time for the man.

arthur

Answers to my questions on a postcard please.

We're waiting.
You said you would answer my question as to what aspects of this country have improved since 2010 once I had outlined what I thought had declined. This I did, straightaway, but I am still awaiting your response as to how things have improved...

arthur

Think it was Finkelstein on Times Radio earlier this week who suggested informed wisdom in the Tory Party is that circa 150 of their MPs will stand down at the next election. Of course, many will wait until much nearer the next election before announcing their decision, but if a significant Tory defeat looks inevitable will jump ship rather than spoil their CV.
I thought they were supposed to tell HQ of their intentions before December 5th.

This is a real surprise - the red wall disintegrating already

DB9

I thought they were supposed to tell HQ of their intentions before December 5th.

She does say that a 20 something should be doing other things rather than politics, Mind its a blow as they say she's a rising star in the Tory party.

Mr Jinx

Not really. You get a whack of MPs standing down at each election. Wasn't 2019 a record? Sadly we were denied Noncefinder General losing his seat.

arthur

Tory parliamentary party unwhippable given half of them are off and the other half are resigned to defeat.

Truss and Johnson now rebelling (over planning) according to the Spectator

DB9

Insight to that evening before Truss resigned and the confidance/ not a confidance fracking vote from former whip.

Alistair20000

She does say that a 20 something should be doing other things rather than politics, Mind its a blow as they say she's a rising star in the Tory party.
If she is telling the truth (and the given reason is not always the real reason) that is fully understandable.

The quality of MP’s was better when they had done a proper job before entering politics.

DB9

If she is telling the truth (and the given reason is not always the real reason) that is fully understandable.

The quality of MP’s was better when they had done a proper job before entering politics.
Perhaps a bit more time in local politics while holding down a job would have been better rather than being an MP at 25ish?

tavyred

Starmer declares that a Swiss style deal is a no go as FOM is a red line for him. Nowt like the zeal of a convert I suppose. 😎