• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's been an astronomically poor first month from Truss. She's squandered the new manager/national disaster bounce, is the most unpopular new PM in decades, has tanked the pound, and handed Labour their biggest yougov poll lead ever. Sure, she's got just enough time to turn it around, but I'm not sure she has the first idea how to do that.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's been an astronomically poor first month from Truss. She's squandered the new manager/national disaster bounce, is the most unpopular new PM in decades, has tanked the pound, and handed Labour their biggest yougov poll lead ever. Sure, she's got just enough time to turn it around, but I'm not sure she has the first idea how to do that.
In fairness, she's done all of this in less than 2 weeks. We had a period of national mourning.

DB9

IMF asking the Government to "Revaluate" their "Mini-Budget"

arthur

I see The Sun is leading on the "mortgage time bomb" that homeowners will face. This is what will finish the government off - tax cuts here and there aren't really that noticeable or that significant to the person in the street (aka The Great Unwashed) compared to monthly mortgage payments.....

arthur

But you fail to mention that Lord Frost thoroughly approves of what she's doing, so the next election is clearly in the bag. Just a bit of minor turbulence which is what you'd expect when a genuine radical shakes things up a bit - all will be fine, mark Mr Jinx's words

Screenshot_20220928-082531_Chrome.jpg

DB9

You can always tell when the Tories aren't doing the best, The Mail and Express totally ignore it on their front pages, The Mail has a story about one of the killers of Stephen Lawrence, The Express going on about having a double jab this winter, "Nothing to see here, Look over there and panic or be outraged"

elginCity

A Johnsonian style u-turn looks to be the only option now. I mean reversing the tax cuts because although market confidence won’t return (due this govt ineptitude) overnight, it would avoid the extent of borrowing needed for public services and its debt financing with rising interest rates. The public won’t buy Austerity v2.

The pantomime continues….

fred binneys head

For balance, I think the phrase ‘yoghurt knitters’ is funny, even though Tavy probably thinks I am one.

Grecian2K

For balance, I think the phrase ‘yoghurt knitters’ is funny, even though Tavy probably thinks I am one.
And I quite like gammon.
(Especially with chips and a pineapple slice on top)

arthur

You couldn't make it up