• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Well that is a difference. Whilst you were looking up who Jeremy Corbyn was on Wikipedia, I'd already put a ton on him becoming their next leader at 15-1. Happy days! So yes, a bit more on the pulse you could say, lolz.
On the pulse?!? Surprised you've got one, Jinxy. You'd need a heart first.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well that is a difference. Whilst you were looking up who Jeremy Corbyn was on Wikipedia, I'd already put a ton on him becoming their next leader at 15-1. Happy days! So yes, a bit more on the pulse you could say, lolz.
As usual A totally patronising response from a person who thinks they're better than others, No wonder Johnson was your hero, Again "lolz"? Oh dear.

Grecian2K

Again "lolz"? Oh dear.
"Lolz"??? Isn't that what Lord snooty used to do on the government front bench?

Reactions: DB9

Mr Jinx

No wonder Johnson was your hero, Again "lolz"? Oh dear.
I guess I just like Cavaliers eh.

Grecian2K

I guess I just like Cavaliers eh.
Nah. Astras were far better!

angelic upstart

I don't think we'll ever see another PM make it to two terms.
I see your point but disagree. If Obama could manage it, many others can too.

I think we as a nation need a boring, yet affable PM that can quietly get on with the work, capably and without the circus that Boris Johnson created for himself.

The nation needs some time to stop being so divided on every tiny thing. You're right though, news channels/websites etc need their daily gossip so will do their bit to make folk look bad. But if the politicians aren't being swines it makes it more difficult.

Mr Jinx

I think we as a nation need a boring, yet affable PM that can quietly get on with the work, capably and without the circus that Boris Johnson created for himself.
Do excuse me whilst I ask Theresa May how it worked out for her.

Post Blair and fully into the internet/smartphone world...perhaps we just ask too much of our Leaders?

They not only need to be squeaky clean, they need to be entertainers with bags of charisma, who just get on with the job flawlessly, without distractions or making mistakes, etc, etc, etc...and surrounded by a cabinet made up of the same.

These days anything that doesn't follow the above guideline just gets pounced on immediately and relentlessly. To think that it was Pinchergate that finished him off, I mean, I understand it was on the back of other things, but seriously?!?

Last edited:

Banksy

I apologize profusely.
I accept your resignation.

arthur

That's just rubbish.

Corbyn was wysiwyg from day one.
No, it was not clear quite how utterly incompetent and not very bright he was...

Reactions: DB9

Grecian2K

No, it was not clear quite how utterly incompetent and not very bright he was...
Would have fitted in to a Johnson cabinet just perfectly then!