• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tavers, you seem to have put yourself on "ignore". We really do miss your insightful comment and need your pro-right wing Tory opinions to maintain a balance on this thread, which is now replete with lefties and Tory deserters who have finally seen the light.
Please return. As John Lennon said to Yoko "I didn't mean to hurt you; I didn't mean to make you cry" in one of his beautiful (but rather lefty) songs.
As they say in Javanese : "Kembali"
❤

arthur

The conspiracy theorist in me wonders that since there is a slight majority in NI that are in favour of the protocol, Johnson is trying to annoy them into voting for independence. Thereby ridding himself of the whole problem.
There is less support for reunification in NI than there is for independence in Scotland. But I see your point - Johnson is Nicola Sturgeon s biggest asset

arthur

The DUP never consent to anything unless they're in charge.... Only thing is they're too stupid to realise the Tories only use them when they need to then dump on them.
Twas ever thus

What a fool I was! I was only a puppet, and so was Ulster, and so was Ireland, in the political game that was to get the Conservative Party into Power

Edward Carson, father of Ulster Unionism, 1921

arthur

Tavers, you seem to have put yourself on "ignore". We really do miss your insightful comment and need your pro-right wing Tory opinions to maintain a balance on this thread, which is now replete with lefties and Tory deserters who have finally seen the light.
Please return. As John Lennon said to Yoko "I didn't mean to hurt you; I didn't mean to make you cry" in one of his beautiful (but rather lefty) songs.
As they say in Javanese : "Kembali"
❤
Last seen yesterday at 8.25. He's lurking, monitoring how much he has been missed. But he's ignoring you and me, so your plea will fall on stony ground...

IndoMike

Last seen yesterday at 8.25. He's lurking, monitoring how much he has been missed. But he's ignoring you and me, so your plea will fall on stony ground...
He's been ignoring me for years - well, pretending to. He'll see my heartfelt plea as I offer him the hand of friendship.

arthur

How others see us

20220618_155245.jpg

PS I think I've spotted Tavy. He's to the left(!) of Boris Johnson

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
There is less support for reunification in NI than there is for independence in Scotland. But I see your point - Johnson is Nicola Sturgeon s biggest asset
Johnson doing his thing will improve support in NI as well I expect

IndoMike

Good to see that demos are alive and well in England despite Priti Awful's desperate attempts to silence any criticism of the Government.

Spoonz Red E

How others see us

View attachment 8696

PS I think I've spotted Tavy. He's to the left(!) of Boris Johnson
It it is, and looking at the trousers, let's hope he wasn't booed while taking the knee ...

angelic upstart

Pay will be the main driver(no pun intended) the other issues are ‘tack ons’ that can be amended during negotiations.
There's a fair few job losses (25%of all track workers) they are trying to stop. I don't think those affected will see that as a tack on. Of course as with all negotiations there's things people will drop.

Worth noting most of the workers striking haven't received a pay rise in 3 years and the average salary for an RMT member is 31k.

Last edited: