• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I do remember when Johnson stood on the steps of No10 after he'd been elected as leader of the Tory Party said "The buck stops here"

Obviously he didn't mean when it when he said that and today said he takes "Full Responsibility" In any other business, If the leader/CEO/Chairman said that they'd do the decent thing and resign. One of the worst things is what came out today, Those that worked in No10 laughed at the Custodians and Cleaners when they turned round and asked if they should be having these parties and left a mess so the cleaners had to clear up after them. Shows what a load of self entitled self gratificationers that work in No10, What do you expect though when you have a leader with morals found in the gutter?

Alistair20000

And, presumably you had to "BYOB"?
Bring your own Boris ?

Grecian2K

Excellently said there DB. Perfectly sums it up.

Crocodile tears of self-pity in the house....but I bet the smirk will soon be back as the 1922ers bang their desks as he walks in for his evening address.

I think the main danger for him still awaits...on June 23rd. Not so much Wakefield but down here in our own fair county. If Tiverton & Honiton falls to the LibDems (or even if the Tory majority crumbles to wafer thin) many of his currently "loyal"/bullied allies in the "blue wall" will start to worry about their own precious seats. That's when the worms will start to turn. And, as even St. Maggie found, if they think they're going in to the next election with the risk of losing power, the grey suits in the CON party can be as brutal to their own as they usually are to the mere plebs.

The next GE is edging closer and closer, and is almost certainly going to be framed in a maelstrom of economic disaster and plummeting living standards. Not a good look for a party after more than a decade on the reins...as Brown and Darling found after the last "global" financial crash.*

*Whoops, sorry. It wasn't global - it was all Labours fault. The Heil, Excess and Snoreaway made sure that was the narrative.

Grecian2K

Bring your own Boris ?
On the invites for the last "ladies only" black-tie fundraiser wasn't the first word was "Bang"

Alistair20000

No such option for me Al, it was attend in person for the obligatory finger wagging session or take the points. I don’t recall sammidges either, just a mid lecture brew. 🤷‍♂️
A few years ago pre Covid and the Zoom courses, I had to do one of those up at Winfrith. Like you I don't recall sammidges; just tea or coffee, some biscuits and a "comfort" break. Several attendees had been done by the cameras in Chideock. The day perked up when an attractive blonde lady in a very short skirt rocked up to attend. Sadly it went downhill when they split us into two groups and she went off to the other room. :(

IndoMike

A few years ago pre Covid and the Zoom courses, I had to do one of those up at Winfrith. Like you I don't recall sammidges; just tea or coffee, some biscuits and a "comfort" break. Several attendees had been done by the cameras in Chideock. The day perked up when an attractive blonde lady in a very short skirt rocked up to attend. Sadly it went downhill when they split us into two groups and she went off to the other room. :(
Error

IndoMike

Partygate live: Boris Johnson says no plans to resign despite being ‘appalled’ by Sue Gray report

He's mad....

Grecian2K

Of course he's "appalled" Mike. The instruction had been that the "Sue Gray" report was supposed to be the script for Disney to make the next Tory GE campaign video - Snowy White and the Cabinet Of Dwarves.

No wonder he's mad - positive hopping I bet.

Still I hear that the loyal 1922 toadies are "banging their desks" as tradition demands. Which must be a relief for their secretaries and "SPADS". At least they've got an afternoon off from their usual duties.

PS: Curious how his No 1 fan boy has tries to divert this serious thread into a desperate discussion about his own driving offences (NOT YOU AL!!!). Is that all he's got left in his Princetown locker?

Alistair20000

Of course he's "appalled" Mike. The instruction had been that the "Sue Gray" report was supposed to be the script for Disney to make the next Tory GE campaign video - Snowy White and the Cabinet Of Dwarves.

No wonder he's mad - positive hopping I bet.

Still I hear that the loyal 1922 toadies are "banging their desks" as tradition demands. Which must be a relief for their secretaries and "SPADS". At least they've got an afternoon off from their usual duties.

PS: Curious how his No 1 fan boy has tries to divert this serious thread into a desperate discussion about his own driving offences (NOT YOU AL!!!). Is that all he's got left in his Princetown locker?
A bit of light relief is welcome de temps en temps on these "heavy subject matter" threads and you Mr G2K are a master of that noble art. (y)

IndoMike

"It is appalling that I broke my own strict rules that were designed to protect the NHS and save lives whilst the riff raff were all locked up at home, but, hey ho,
that beaujolais 1928 was spiffingly good".