• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
I am sick to the back teeth of people trying to explain away BJ's habit of telling lies. If he has a psychological tendency to live in some kind of alternative universe he should not be in charge of the country, full stop. He isn't some kind of political genius, he is the most blatant liar who has ever held the post of prime minister. He needs to be removed not praised like an ailing rockstar.
You seem to have posted your email to Laura Kuenssberg here by mistake...

elginCity

Certainly is tedious, Tav.

Today no doubt the airwaves will be full of more insincere ‘apologies’ - not for the wanton lawbreaking, but for the blatant lying about it afterwards. Hopefully, he’ll cling onto power and stumble on ….

DB9

Today no doubt the airwaves will be full of more insincere ‘apologies’ - not for the wanton lawbreaking, but for the blatant lying about it afterwards. Hopefully, he’ll cling onto power and stumble on ….
Whilst "Apologies" will be abound they'll say "Windfall tax etc" to help people but totally forget they were against it and it was Labour's idea first.

tavyred

Good to hear the Met have kicked back against the latest blatant political interference by Sadiq Khan in the party gate affair.
I did read that Priti Patel was considering stripping the London Mayor of his PCC role, might be a good idea if they can’t behave responsibly.

tavyred

Yep.
No indication yet of a major shift in the support of his MP’s yet I take it?
Still, no doubt a big day and maybe the seminal day as to whether BJ survives.

DB9

Good to hear the Met have kicked back against the latest blatant political interference by Sadiq Khan in the party gate affair.
I did read that Priti Patel was considering stripping the London Mayor of his PCC role, might be a good idea if they can’t behave responsibly.
Has she the power to do that? Genuine question.

tavyred

Has she the power to do that? Genuine question.
That was certainly the impression the article I read gave DB. Patel is the HS
so it would make sense.

DB9

That was certainly the impression the article I read gave DB. Patel is the HS
so it would make sense.
I hadn't heard that and I'd thought it would only happen in extreme circumstances like a PCC being convicted of a crime?

tavyred

I hadn't heard that and I'd thought it would only happen in extreme circumstances like a PCC being convicted of a crime?
The scenario you describe would obviously require an individual PCC to go if he/she became a criminal. What we’re seeing with Khan I think is an overtly political figure overstepping his remit of strategic oversight of a police service and instead questioning individual police investigations for political advantage. Not good.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

You seem to have posted your email to Laura Kuenssberg here by mistake...
LOL