• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
As the guest wish list is inclusive rather than exhaustive you and I might yet get an invite art. Cannot say I would want to dine with Hillary Clinton mind.
I have a senior rail card. Shall we travel up together? We could treat ourselves to a first class advance saver ticket given that it's such a special occasion. Like you, I hope Hillary will be otherwise engaged...

arthur

Top of a re-elected Trump's agenda will be a UK trade deal. Like yesterday.
"Top"? Really? Wouldn't he have more pressing priorities?

Do behave. The only trade deal Trump would be interested in is an asymmetric one that will benefit the US and disadvantage the UK. But it won't be woke, so that's OK...

IndoMike

Thanks G2K - my tears remain unshed. I urge you and others to learn from my mistake - if you accuse Tavy of not being racially prejudiced he will block you...
What mistake? Do you honestly think anybody cares if Ice Age Man blocks them? Really? He'll peek at your posts, anyway.
Of course, we should all remember that racist, homophobic, sexist, anti-Jewish, anti-Islamic ++
comments are now considered to be hate crimes and can be reported and possibly prosecuted.

Since Exeter City is now very much a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic football club it would be awful if posters wrote anything to disturb the current wonderful
harmony that exists around the club. Those who like to brandish around the "woke" word as if it is dirty washing would be very well-advised to choose their words carefully.
We all enjoy free speech, which my father and millions of others have fought and risked their lives for. But to disrespect or demonise
any one group of people is no longer acceptable morally or in law. Times have changed.

tavyred

The Remoaner narrative about a potential US FTA seems to be a flexible one I’ve noticed, under Trump when it looked like it might happen, it was the horrible Yanks want a piece of our NHS we must stop it, and now under the wonderful Biden they celebrate the fact that the US has no intention of signing an obviously advantageous (to the U.K.) deal with a desperate Brexit Government.
I suspect the Government knew all along that a Democratic administration meant no FTA anyway, so the linking of it to the NI situation by assorted Democrats is probably irrelevant to the U.K. government in its ongoing bust up with EU.
I thought the State Department pronouncement yesterday showed a welcome even handed stance on the spat for once, and I’m hoping there is a new realisation in Washington (outside of the NORAID plastic paddy lobby) that being a co guarantor of the GFA means you take on the concerns of both communities in NI.

tavyred

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
As is to be expected, Tavy has concentrated on the headline, not the substance.

IndoMike

As is to be expected, Tavy has concentrated on the headline, not the substance.
Thanks to Tavy for posting this Tweet. I especially enjoyed the Tweet about Johnson Sr becoming an EU citizen, thus "enjoying all the rights and privileges which are now denied to us by his son so that he could become P.M".
Look forward to Tavy posting more Tweets.
I see the Daily Mail's banner headline was Wagathagatethingy..I can't imagine any serious adult being influenced in any way by
that newspaper's vested interest political views. Pure trash and unworthy of any reference.

Alistair20000

I have a senior rail card. Shall we travel up together? We could treat ourselves to a first class advance saver ticket given that it's such a special occasion. Like you, I hope Hillary will be otherwise engaged...

Sound like a plan (y)

Alistair20000

Stanley Johnson has become a French National saying he wanted to keep a link with the EU, Although he voted remain he did change his mind saying "The time has come to bail"
Stanley has always been a pillock

Reactions: DB9

elginCity

I’m hoping there is a new realisation in Washington (outside of the NORAID plastic paddy lobby) that being a co guarantor of the GFA means you take on the concerns of both communities in NI.
BS - The US is under no obligation to 'take on the concerns' of any faction, it is a co-guarantor that the GFA international treaty is upheld, and respected. The EU is also a co-guarantor of that which the UK freely signed up to - including no border to be reinstated in Ireland.

Let's not forget the root cause of all this - your beloved bloody Brexit, which is incompatible with the GFA, and always has been. After the stark warnings in that respect from Blair and Major, dismissed as 'Project Fear' by your heroes, you might think they're now playing a blinder forcing the issue by threatening to unilaterally modify the WA, and risk breaking the GFA, and the UK itself, but Washington, Brussels, Berlin and Paris certainly don't. We trade plenty with them too, lest we forget. As a self-proclaimed patriot, Tav, why aren't you cringing with embarrassment at the actions/inactions of this so-called 'government' just like the rest of us are ? Just don't get it.