• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Commons listens in silence as
@Keir_Starmer
raises case of dialysis patient facing double energy costs. Haven't seen the Tory backbenches this subdued since height of Partygate.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Commons listens in silence as
@Keir_Starmer
raises case of dialysis patient facing double energy costs. Haven't seen the Tory backbenches this subdued since height of Partygate.
Load of lefty scaremongering.
Another (mis)government no-mark has just been wheeled out on GBSnooze to explain.
"Just plug in your machines overnight on economy tariff...or. if you still can't afford it just limit the kidney cleansing to one night a week. With careful, prudent budgeting you can still purify the bloodstream for 30p a day
"Ungrateful workdodging scroungers. Instead of lounging at home you could be out in the workplace doing useful work to help our proud nation through it's present travails. Indeed, as part of our newly announced "get the terminally ill to pull their weight" we have invested £2 Billion toward consultants fees investigate the possibility of providing mobile urine-extraction equipment in the rural work places."

arthur

I have to say that as a "protestant immigrant" to a border town that is quite strongly republican in many areas that I have never had any cause to feel insecure or anxious.
I was more referring to the protestant immigration of 300 plus years ago and how the hostility they faced and the insecurity this generated is ingrained deep within the loyalist psyche.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Officers should use discretion over stealing to eat, says police watchdog
New chief inspector of constabulary says crimes of poverty should be ‘dealt with in the best way possible’

arthur

How did you manage to attribute my post to arthur Tavy ?

Now I know art is my political pal on these boards but we are not that close....yet :)
I was just about to start wondering who had hacked into my account. Such a relief to realise it was only you Al...

Alistair20000

I was just about to start wondering who had hacked into my account. Such a relief to realise it was only you Al...
Au contraire art. You need to look at Tavy on this one.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

View from a supermarket check out
"We used to get shoplifters stealing high-value things to sell on, which is not uncommon. Now it’s people stealing everyday things, doing their weekly shop and trying to walk out without paying.

Baby milk has never been security tagged but now it is, so people can’t steal it. It was something that never would happen before but people are quite desperate".

MI5's maxim is that society is only four meals away from anarchy. Lenin took the view that it is only three meals away from chaos.

No wonder Johnson is worried. No wonder Patel is trying to take control of the police, banning protests and looking to lock up anyone who dares to demonstrate.

Once people realise that there is plenty of food to go round but 20% of them are too poor to afford it, the 5th wealthiest country on the planet might become a very uncomfortable place.

tavyred

Perhaps it’s time we English let them go. 🤷‍♂️

Mr Jinx

"In the past I voted Democrat, because they were (mostly) the kindness party.

But they have become the party of division & hate, so I can no longer support them and will vote Republican.

Now, watch their dirty tricks campaign against me unfold … 🍿"

Welcome aboard Elon Musk!

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

"In the past I voted Democrat, because they were (mostly) the kindness party.

But they have become the party of division & hate, so I can no longer support them and will vote Republican.

Now, watch their dirty tricks campaign against me unfold … 🍿"

Welcome aboard Elon Musk!
Yes because everyone knows conservative policies really work!!!