• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Yep. All the Tories have to do is dredge up that, Thornberry's tweet, David Lammy and a few other similar gems, and it'll be enough for vast swathes to continue to avoid Labour like the plague, especially up North.
Yes but this does not make economic sense.
The Tories are supposed to be the Party of economic competence, but time after time this is not the case.

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes but this does not make economic sense.
The Tories are supposed to be the Party of economic competence, but time after time this is not the case.
Predicted strongest growing economy in the G7 this year and the next according to the OECD Suzi.
Reputations can be won and lost of course and I haven’t seen the latest polling, but the Tories traditionally tend to out poll Labour on economic competence and for good reason in most cases.

elginCity

Merkel bows out after a great innings.

Mr Jinx

A 10% swing to Labour (albeit heavily caveated) and the reform party polling around 6-7% should be enough of a concern to focus minds in Number 10 I would hope.
Maybe a little. It's pretty clear that much of the LibDem support fell behind Labour and Reform polled less than hoped.

No deserved bloody nose for Boris this morning.

angelic upstart

A 10% swing to Labour (albeit heavily caveated) and the reform party polling around 6-7% should be enough of a concern to focus minds in Number 10 I would hope.
I think the conservatives should fear the reform vote more than labour in this easy-ish to win seats. I was surprised the lib Dems lost their deposit.

tavyred

Merkel bows out after a great innings.
Got to admire her longevity if nothing else.

angelic upstart

Reform polled less than hoped.
What were they after? I thought retaining a deposit for a pretty much new party and losing their charismatic leader. That would be considered a win. From what I see of them, they're mostly a big C conservative party. But I know very little.

Mr Jinx

What were they after? I thought retaining a deposit for a pretty much new party and losing their charismatic leader. That would be considered a win. From what I see of them, they're mostly a big C conservative party. But I know very little.
More than 1,600 odd votes. I guess they can take solace in beating the LDs and Greens, but like I said, I think a lot of those fell behind Labour in a tactical vote.

But even at a lowly 6% of the vote there, if that were to be replicated across the country in a GE, Reform would definitely cause the Tories a lot of damage. So not all is lost.

angelic upstart

More than 1,600 odd votes. I guess they can take solace in beating the LDs and Greens, but like I said, I think a lot of those fell behind Labour in a tactical vote.

But even at a lowly 6% of the vote there, if that were to be replicated across the country in a GE, Reform would definitely cause the Tories a lot of damage. So not all is lost.
Reform would've likely got more votes if ukip and heritage didn't bother. I can see reform doing well, and hope they field candidates everywhere, rather than cherry pick. Simply because it looks unprofessional if they cherry pick.

elginCity

Got to admire her longevity if nothing else.
Very generous of you, Tavares. :LOL:

Truth, integrity, steely resolve and a compassion for desperate people, doesn't behave like a clown. Plenty to admire there.