• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Momentous day yesterday, a debate on standards with the serving Prime Minister of the United Kingdom being described as 'a liar' with irrefutable evidence presented. The Speaker allowed it (unlike Dawn Butler - no ejection) and it is recorded in Hansard in perpetuity. Most tellingly, no reaction from the Tory benches, silence, not a murmur. A new low.

tavyred

Polling suggesting that immigration is the top priority of those who voted Tory in 2019.
Creates problems for the Tories as they will have to do as they promised and end things like the channel crossings and also for Labour who will need a policy that will end the perception that Labour are happy to welcome all comers to our shores.

elginCity

For those who voted to 'Get It Done', immigration is the top priority. Quelle surprise.

angelic upstart

Been confirmed.
Says he’s leaving to ‘find his voice again’. A bit like Keunssberg(sp?) Marr seems to get stick from both sides, so it’ll be interesting to see what his ‘voice’ actually is.
My money is him being left leaning perhaps with a sympathy toward Scottish independence.
Anyone think (as many do) that he’s a closet Tory? 😄
Off to the new statesman I believe.

tavyred

For those who voted to 'Get It Done', immigration is the top priority. Quelle surprise.
Ignore the English people and their concerns about immigration at your peril Elgy.
Folks like you did that for years and they consequently took us out of your beloved EU as a result. 🤷‍♂️

Grecian2K

Which is fine and dandy assuming your family income rises accordingly.
Of course, you could spin it and say "Families could be £1,700 worse off next year" but that would be against the party-line wouldn't it!

tavyred

Off to the new statesman I believe.
Now we know his political leanings I suppose. Cant say I’m surprised.

elginCity

Ignore the English people and their concerns about immigration at your peril Elgy.
Folks like you did that for years and they consequently took us out of your beloved EU as a result. 🤷‍♂️
It was the sovereignty and European courts rubbish that muddied the waters, it was always about immigration borne out by your poll. Anyhow, the EU provides for controlled immigration as the 27 member states would testify, the fact the UK goverrnment chose to ignore those controls must have been for a reason, one we can only speculate on.

angelic upstart

Now we know his political leanings I suppose. Cant say I’m surprised.
Me neither, in his defence, I'd not say he was particularly partisan to anyone. Paxman, he was not.

Mr Jinx

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the new shadow Home Secretary:

2C0122D500000578-3223828-image-a-33_1441496816234.jpg

#LabourFail