• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
As you know public opinion is often driven by perception rather than accuracy or the truth, so it won’t surprise me if AR and Labour are made to pay a political price for her remarks.
One thing is certain she no doubt regrets it now and if she’d known (how could she) that this terrible murder was going to happen a fortnight later she wouldn’t have said it. Which is kind of a good litmus test as to whether she should’ve said it in the first place.
No doubt she probably regrets those words but highly unlikely they had anything to do with yesterday. We don't know all the facts yet, but it's becoming pretty clear that the main motivation was religious extremism. I have a feeling that it'll put the cat well and truly amongst the pigeons.

DB9

The connection may only being made in the lunatic fringes of SM, in which case you may be right. My point is that by saying such crass and dehumanising remarks about her political opponents she runs the risk, in the light of yesterday’s events of a bit that sh*t sticking with the wider public as well, it may be unjustified but it highlights that the importance of top level politicians conducting themselves in a decent and proper manner.
Still can't see it, Unless you want it to stick?

tavyred

Still can't see it, Unless you want it to stick?
You don’t see how some people will make a judgement on her remarks link it with yesterday and view her negatively?
Strange.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
You don’t see how some people will make a judgement on her remarks link it with yesterday and view her negatively?
Strange.
They only will if they already thought negatively of her. Confirmation bias only in these situations.

DB9

Strange.
No i don't, I do think you think that SM is the real world when in fact the vast, vast majority of people do not use it and people do not look at it as "Gospel" All it is doing imho is making AR a target for a nutter who thinks its real and there is a connection and puts her in danger. We have heard what the anti terror police have said, We've just had Johnson and Starmer walk side by side to lay flowers where it happened and left without saying a word (A dignifyied way to to it IMHO)

If there was some "Link" to what happened and what AR said then i'm sure political opponents would be all over it but there isn't and they aren't, To me that says more than a few saddos on SM trying to stir up things when there is nothing to stir up and you keeping on suggesting it and it would effect voting only emboldens these saddos as they think they are relevent.

tavyred

DB.
We seem to be at cross purposes, your point is that no way should AR be linked with yesterday, mine is that despite what you say, she may be.
Time will tell on it I suppose.

DB9

DB.
We seem to be at cross purposes, your point is that no way should AR be linked with yesterday, mine is that despite what you say, she may be.
Time will tell on it I suppose.
Its called an opinion, We're all entitled to them.

angelic upstart

I have a feeling that it'll put the cat well and truly amongst the pigeons.
Maybe in the political classes it will. Usually it's hidden amongst the poor. The whites, blacks and Asians all fighting amongst themselves and each other. Knife crime massively on the rise countrywide but seemingly only "Sadiq Khan's London" gets any mention as opposed to Boris Johnson's Britain. I'd like GB News to have mentioned this lots in their chats but I suspect the bias won't allow it despite their mentioning of speaking for the rest of the country as opposed to just London.
Ho hum

Grecian2K

Its called an opinion, We're all entitled to them.
Not on Planet Tavy you're not! :(

Alistair20000

In a free and open society it is unfortunately impossible to prevent all the nutters and fanatics from perpetrating this kind of atrocity.