• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Surely the answer is to go fetch these people ourselves, then train them as HGV drivers?
Well they have been asking Germans residing in the UK and have a pre 1997 driving licence to consider HGV driving so this doesn't seem too far fetched.

elginCity

So what you’re basically saying in your last para elgin is that we’re up the channel without a paddle.
With a ‘lucky general’ in charge, apparently paddling an inflatable giant unicorn on the Costa del Sol right now, we only have to keep the faith - and build back better, Banksy. Simple.

tavyred

Ah!
Elgy’s ‘chaos theory’ 2.0.
I thought it was your average leave voter that was susceptible to delusional thinking! 🙄

Alistair20000

According to a French interior minister they’ve yet to receive a bean after the £54 million was pledged back in July. Little wonder the French sit on their hands and watch. Suits Vote Leave too. Helps keep the patriot mind on migrants, and hating the French, rather than focus too closely on the chaos unfolding closer to home.
Has the British Government confirmed that this is correct ? I like to see both sides have their say

tavyred

Big up to Andrew Marr this morning who totted up the amount of work visa’s Labour are happy to grant to various sectors of our economy so far.....220K(and counting!)
That’ll go down a storm in the red wall seats come the next GE! 🤣
No wonder U.K. big business thinks Rachel Reeves is the best thing since sliced bread! 🙄

elginCity

Ah!
Elgy’s ‘chaos theory’ 2.0.
I thought it was your average leave voter that was susceptible to delusional thinking! 🙄
If not chaotic, how would you describe this government,Tav - shambolic ? Apart from the commendably swift vaccine rollout (EU has now overtaken us, oops), what areas of governance would you consider competent and well prepared for, currently, none I suspect ?

elginCity

Has the British Government confirmed that this is correct ? I like to see both sides have their say
You're as adept at 'googling' as I am, Al. Nothing I can find, confirming or denying the French minister's assertion, par for the course though, eh ?

Alistair20000

You're as adept at 'googling' as I am, Al. Nothing I can find, confirming or denying the French minister's assertion, par for the course though, eh ?
Me neither but that doesn’t prove the case.

Maybe the contract was performance based. In which case the French have earned bugger all :)

DB9

The Standard, Independent, ITV and Sky have "Comfirmed" this and have been running the story online in the last hour or so but nothing from the UK Government side yet.

tavyred

If not chaotic, how would you describe this government,Tav - shambolic ? Apart from the commendably swift vaccine rollout (EU has now overtaken us, oops), what areas of governance would you consider competent and well prepared for, currently, none I suspect ?
You remain boys mustn’t ever leave the house for all that “chaos” Elgy? 🤣
I’m trying to square your tall tales of chaos with the predicted highest gdp growth in the G7, lower unemployment than the Eurozone etc.
Most of our low level travails seem to be being mirrored in other countries too it seems to me. Is there a comparator country that isn’t suffering with supply line issues, energy price hikes and inflation?
Even the much talked about and exaggerated (IMO) ‘empty shelves’ seem to exist most prominently in the MSM narrative and the Twitter feeds of bitter remain voters. 🤷‍♂️