Politics Today

Hermann

In other good news, the RNLI has seen a 2000% increase in donations since Farage's input. So he's not all bad.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
And for the record, I thought the garden bridge was a worthy venture. Even if it cost £100mill, if it had proved a real success, the country would have got much more than £100 mill back from tourism in no time. That assumes it would've been better constructed than the current Hyde Park hill shambles, lol. It was a real shame the bridge got axed.
Hyde park hill is a massive shambles. Something almost all right thinking people
And for the record, I thought the garden bridge was a worthy venture. Even if it cost £100mill, if it had proved a real success, the country would have got much more than £100 mill back from tourism in no time. That assumes it would've been better constructed than the current Hyde Park hill shambles, lol. It was a real shame the bridge got axed.
That hill is useless. Anyone can see that. But two million quid for some scaffolding at best part of a fiver a pop it'll be making money in no time.
I'm not convinced the bridge would have.
Anyway, I'm digressing. My point is you can't get occasionally annoyed at government wastage and then vote either of the two parties that actively promote it. Use your vote wisely.

I appreciate you're more likely than most to do this anyway Mr J and all the power to you for doing it.

Mr Jinx

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hyde park hill is a massive shambles. Something almost all right thinking people
The thinking behind it is that anything is better than the masses of tents with Romanian families living in them that was always there on that roundabout.

Grecian2K

We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
The thinking behind it is that anything is better than the masses of tents with Romanian families living in them that was always there on that roundabout.
So the ever-true-blue burghers of Westminster council and their cronies/donors spaff millions to build one giant tent* instead. Out of site - out of mind eh?
*Loyal little Tory that you are, please feel free to describe it as a "marquee signing" if you wish.

elginCity

The patriots most probably despise Begum as much as they despise doctors, nurses and the RNLI. Angry people.

Oldsmobile-88

Pretty damning stats today about drugs deaths in Scotland.Top of the European League in that grim statistic & far worse many times over than any other region of the UK.
The usual platitudes & empty statement from the SNP at Holyrood today,World leaders in that(& that is saying something with what goes on at Westminster)

tavyred

Well-known Exeweb poster
The patriots most probably despise Begum as much as they despise doctors, nurses and the RNLI. Angry people.
Red on red action surely?
Labour council takes out a prosecution against a Labour Party MP and you post that tripe. 🤷‍♂️

tavyred

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pretty damning stats today about drugs deaths in Scotland.Top of the European League in that grim statistic & far worse many times over than any other region of the UK.
The usual platitudes & empty statement from the SNP at Holyrood today,World leaders in that(& that is saying something with what goes on at Westminster)
You’d think that the extra £2K per head, per year in public spending would make a difference to that sad stat in Scotland wouldn’t you?

DB9

These figures have been rising for years and as Labour, Tory and Lib Dem MSP's have all said this has been on the SNP's watch, They can't blame anyone else as they've been in power in Scotland since about 2008.