• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
PM and Chancellor will now self isolate after critism about this pilot scheme.

Alistair20000

PM and Chancellor will now self isolate after critism about this pilot scheme.
Screeching U Turn (yes another) as this utterly useless government once again fails to understand how the Great Unwashed will react to the original decision to create for themselves a favoured status.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Screeching U Turn (yes another) as this utterly useless government once again fails to understand how the Great Unwashed will react to the original decision to create for themselves a favoured status.
I'm surprised they did, but to be honest I'll give them kudos for recognising how it looked. They didn't need to uturn on this issue, but they did the right thing.

tavyred

Nothing wrong with a listening government. 😗

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting tweet from Sunak, which I believe went out prior to the official announcement. No mention of Johnson, so perhaps a little points scoring exercise against the PM?

Grecian2K

If pinged can I join the pilot please ?
Only if you were also eligible for last year's Barnard Castle based pilot scheme for ophthalmic health

Grecian2K

Nothing wrong with a listening government. 😗
"Listening" my ar$e (as Jim Royal might say)
It woz the Sun wot dun it!

tavyred

"Listening" my ar$e (as Jim Royal might say)
It woz the Sun wot dun it!
Irony never your strongpoint G2K.
Cant defend the Government on this, weak ass IMO.

angelic upstart

I see out PM is lying about the U-turn now suggesting they briefly looked into not self isolating. The official press brief says otherwise.

Meanwhile, I'm almost at the stage of thinking anyone in parliament for more than 4 years could do a better job than the current PM as I'm so sick of the lies. The levelling up nonsense speech was a shambles too.

DB9

I see out PM is lying about the U-turn now suggesting they briefly looked into not self isolating. The official press brief says otherwise.

Meanwhile, I'm almost at the stage of thinking anyone in parliament for more than 4 years could do a better job than the current PM as I'm so sick of the lies. The levelling up nonsense speech was a shambles too.
Its obvious that their spin people told them to make it look like they "Briefly" looked at this daily testing idea but weren't sold on it, It seems to me as if this Government is saying to each other that whatever they put out the public wil fall for it, I think they are using the success of the vaccine as a thing but TBH the UK public are waneing on that, Its like someone bragging they scored a winning goal for months and months, People get tired of hearing about it and have moved on.