• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Better get busy on Betfair then:

Tories at 1/6
LDs at 7/2

Incidentally, odds swinging Labour's way for Batley, albeit slightly.
Wow. The LibDems overturn a Tory majority in excess of 16,000 to win by more than 8,000 votes.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wow. The LibDems overturn a Tory majority in excess of 16,000 to win by more than 8,000 votes.
Quite an astonishing turn around in a safe Tory seat. Very encouraging for those of us who want this Tory Govt out but a few more results like this needed to establish a trend. Still, the Ivory Towers of the Tory Party will be trembling. Congrats to the Liberals.

IndoMike

Accident

Last edited:

IndoMike

Better get busy on Betfair then:

Tories at 1/6
LDs at 7/2

Incidentally, odds swinging Labour's way for Batley, albeit slightly.
These odds must have come from Taveybet or Betjinx..😹

IndoMike

Hilarious. Not a word about this huge Tory loss in the Mail or Excess.....

tavyred

Looking at the collapse of the Labour vote in Amersham, are we seeing the beginnings of ‘progressives’ choosing the candidate most likely to unseat the Tory and voting accordingly?
It will be interesting to see if the same happens in Batley and Spen with the Labour candidate being the liberal left candidate of choice according to the twitterati.
Food for thought in Tory central office I reckon.

DB9

Looking at the collapse of the Labour vote in Amersham, are we seeing the beginnings of ‘progressives’ choosing the candidate most likely to unseat the Tory and voting accordingly?
It will be interesting to see if the same happens in Batley and Spen with the Labour candidate being the liberal left candidate of choice according to the twitterati.
Food for thought in Tory central office I reckon.
A shot across the bow for the Tories, Complacent or a decent LD candidate?

tavyred

A shot across the bow for the Tories, Complacent or a decent LD candidate?
I think as Hermann pointed out in the local elections there were signs then that the Tories were leaking votes in its blue wall areas where support was traditionally very strong.
Although it’s too early to say, I do wonder if we’re seeing the beginnings of an equal and opposite reaction down south to what’s happening in the red wall seats up north.
The only caveat I would put on this is that by-elections mid parliament are way different to GE’s.

elginCity

Food and drink exports to the EU down by 47%. Let’s hope the rest of the Globe buys our surplus stock instead, get cracking Trussie.

UK food and drink exports to the EU 'almost halve' in first quarter https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57518910

DB9

I think as Hermann pointed out in the local elections there were signs then that the Tories were leaking votes in its blue wall areas where support was traditionally very strong.
Although it’s too early to say, I do wonder if we’re seeing the beginnings of an equal and opposite reaction down south to what’s happening in the red wall seats up north.
The only caveat I would put on this is that by-elections mid parliament are way different to GE’s.
Even though Labour stood very little chance of ever winning this seat, To see your vote drop from 11k to 614 since the last GE has to be concerning for SKS and the party as a whole?