• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some vote in both.
I'd imagine that's easier said than done.

Unless you utilise at least one postal vote [thereby creating some kind of evidence trail], you'd have to travel to both constituencies in the same day.

I'd imagine the number of individuals with the time or inclination to do that is tiny.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well, what do ya know?!
And this, I suspect, is just the first of many such rulings. Remind me, wasn't this kind of dodgy dealing one of the main reasons put forward for leaving the EU?!

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well, what do ya know?!
And this, I suspect, is just the first of many such rulings. Remind me, wasn't this kind of dodgy dealing one of the main reasons put forward for leaving the EU?!
The slimy Gove directly implicated too.
Johnson dispatching TWO birds with one stone?
Incidentally the "Taxpayers Alliance", normally so assiduous at highlighting public malfeasance strangely quiet on all of these Tory misdemeanours.
Partisan? Surely not??

IndoMike

Well, what do ya know?!
I've been banging on about this for a couple of years on this thread, Egg. But the reality is that the vast majority of the electorate don't give a damn about the Tory's cosy relationship with cronyism.
Standards have fallen drastically over the last 10 years. Dodgy Cameron and Johnson are prime examples. I don't know what the hell they teach the kids at Eton but it sure ain't ethics

elginCity

Cue...

Yes, but politicians of all colours tell lies and are corrupt, don’t you know.

dontpassback

Treat all politicians as liars,then you won’t be dissapointed

DB9

So world leaders have arrived in Cornwall, Will they do anything and if anyone on here lives in the area, What's it like trying to get around?

DB9

Also today it's Hancock's turn to go before the Health select committee and answer questions.

Mr Jinx

So world leaders have arrived in Cornwall, Will they do anything and if anyone on here lives in the area, What's it like trying to get around?
We did see the fleet of Ospreys flying above us when holibobbing in Devon last week.

When Trump was in town the Guardian ran articles on how menacing the Ospreys were flying around scaring us all. But now they're flying around the country for Biden, no such articles this year from them of course.

Mr Jinx

Interesting to see that Reclaim, Reform & the independent candidate (Paul Halloran who got 6,400 votes there last time) are all standing aside in Batley to strengthen the Tories chances there in 3 weeks time.

Not only that, you have George Galloway standing who may siphon off a bit of the Muslim vote there to weaken Labour's chances further. The LibDems & Greens are also standing to split the non-right vote further. So much for the non-Tory alliance.

It's not looking good for Sir Kier.