• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not sure if has been mentioned but the Mayor elected in Teeside got in with a staggering 73% of the vote! Very rare someone gets in with that large %.
Red Paul beat you to it

Reactions: DB9

DB9

Red Paul beat you to it
Chers Al, its been a very busy day on this thread and was dipping in and out of it today while working.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see Lord Adonis is suggesting that Labour's next leader doesn't need to be an MP... Can't possibly think who he might have in mind!

Meanwhile Labour lose 9 of 10 seats in Grimsby but the Tories are getting a bit of a battering in my neck of the woods at the hands of the LD's

DB9

I see Lord Adonis is suggesting that Labour's next leader doesn't need to be an MP... Can't possibly think who he might have in mind!
Yep, A leader that has not been elected by the people as an MP first, Way to go to make people feel connected.

Mr Jinx

Shaun Bailey doing surprisingly well apparently.

Perhaps I should've put him first choice, not second. And the wife couldn't be arsed to vote...because there were 3 people in the queue and we only had one facemask. Ffs

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster

Perhaps I should've put him first choice, not second. And the wife couldn't be arsed to vote...because there were 3 people in the queue and we only had one facemask. Ffs
Yes only 2% in it apparently. Surely not....

Mr Jinx

Yes only 2% in it apparently. Surely not....
I'll have never felt such a twàt since I voted Labour in 2017, lolz.

Khan and Labour's LTNs and ULEZ has made him a pariah in outer London.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'll have never felt such a twàt since I voted Labour in 2017, lolz.

Khan and Labour's LTNs and ULEZ has made him a pariah in outer London.
I have to say i would laugh very loudly if Khan lost. I wanted Labour to win Hartlepool but Khan has been a disaster for London and shamelessly two faced throughout the pandemic.

Surely the inner London ring from Battersea to Brent will see him home

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster

It won't matter, because he'll definitely go to the run off where your second preference will count.

Mr Jinx

I have to say i would laugh very loudly if Khan lost. I wanted Labour to win Hartlepool but Khan has been a disaster for London and shamelessly two faced throughout the pandemic.

Surely the inner London ring from Battersea to Brent will see him home
Yes, I still have no doubt Khan will win. But if only the Tories had put up a better candidate. Bailey was always a bit of a dud imho. Still put him second choice mind.