• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Please see my reply to AU. Lots of help for the self employed but some needy case slip through the complicated and often illogical qualifying rules.
You're right Al, It is an over complicated system but I stand by my remarks that in the furlough scheme, Employees had no say on it, By going on it or when it ends for them.

Alistair20000

You obviously chose to ignore my comment that I have actually worked for many large companies here, including large oil companies such as Total, major banks, et Al and still keep in contact with many of their employees. You think you're the only bloke in the world that has had such contact. And I actually was employed on a permanent basis by them, not just servicing them.
No Indo I have not worked for those companies. My evidence based comments are from real current happenings in the U.K in reference to the furlough scheme. Your previous employment with those companies is wholly irrelevant to this issue so please stop deflecting.

IndoMike

No Indo I have not worked for those companies. My evidence based comments are from real current happenings in the U.K in reference to the furlough scheme. Your previous employment with those companies is wholly irrelevant to this issue so please stop deflecting.
Where's the data? I've asked you twice and made it clear that anecdotal evidence is not relevant : neither yours nor mine. You are the one deflecting from the question "Where's your data"?

IndoMike

Unfortunately it does go along political lines, Politicians know their worth to businesses that's why they do it, It is morally wrong but if you stood as a candidate on an anti-sleaze line you wouldn't even get your deposit back and if one of the major parties did the same, They couldn't because there is enough evidence to show they all eat from the same trough, Its just the Tories are mostly in power and big business leaders in the main vote Tory.
Yes, but what you say is not justification for letting these things pass. The least we can do is keep embarrassing these feckers about their sleaze : they shouldn't be given a free pass on it. Acting in a sleazy fashion whilst the country is suffering from the impact of s pandemic is gutter behaviour

DB9

Yes, but what you say is not justification for letting these things pass. The least we can do is keep embarrassing these feckers about their sleaze : they shouldn't be given a free pass on it. Acting in a sleazy fashion whilst the country is suffering from the impact of s pandemic is gutter behaviour
They're not being given a free pass, The TV and papers are all over it but like always they'll ride it out.

IndoMike

They're not being given a free pass, The TV and papers are all over it but like always they'll ride it out.
So what exactly is your point? What should be done?

DB9

So what exactly is your point? What should be done?
I don't know, I don't make decisions like that, That is as honest as I can be but that is how it seems to be.

Alistair20000

Where's the data? I've asked you twice and made it clear that anecdotal evidence is not relevant : neither yours nor mine. You are the one deflecting from the question "Where's your data"?
Oh dear.

FFS the data is actual cases here known to me. If this is happening in this tiny insignificant backwater then it is very likely to be happening elsewhere.

I am shortly going out for some meetings with real local businessmen. We might discuss the furlough scheme. Please forgive me if I am unable to continue this debate.

IndoMike

Oh dear.

FFS the data is actual cases here known to me. If this is happening in this tiny insignificant backwater then it is very likely to be happening elsewhere.

I am shortly going out for some meetings with real local businessmen. We might discuss the furlough scheme. Please forgive me if I am unable to continue this debate.
Well, we're going around in circles. Enjoy your meetings with real businessmen, not ersatz ones . Calm down a bit : we disagree, that's all. You know it's not personal.

tavyred

Support for Scottish Independence now at its lowest in some time (Leave currently polling at 47%).

As I've always said, when it boils down to it, the Jocks know which side their bread is buttered. Now that Brexit isn't turning into the Project Fear Armageddon, the sweaties are realising they'd be hard pushed to wean themselves off the teat that is Barnett.
Saw a poll this morning showing the majority of the rest of the U.K. happy to see another Indyref if the SNP gets a majority after the upcoming election, I do wonder if there is a growing realisation up there that if they’re not careful Scots could actually press the self destruct button and vote for the instant penury that comes with independence.
How long before the grievance swaps to one of the Barsteward English trying to kick us out of the Union against our will. 🙄