Politics Today

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
It's a very Conservative approach to starve children in order to teach their parents a lesson, then question the motives of anyone who speaks out against it
Aww, come on.
Even their inglorious leader admits that it's hard to get by on "poverty wages".
Remember, "we're all in it together"....and, btw "Boris", if your remuneration isn't enough shouldn't you, of all people, also have abided by that old Tory trope.."if you can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em"?

Hermann

Aww, come on.
Even their inglorious leader admits that it's hard to get by on "poverty wages".
Remember, "we're all in it together"....and, btw "Boris", if your remuneration isn't enough shouldn't you, of all people, also have abided by that old Tory trope.."if you can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em"?
To be fair, I'm pretty sure he refuses to feed at least half of them

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Aww, come on.
He's just gotta do more with less. 👍

IndoMike

IF that person has only been given the job because of their colour is that right ? There have been instances of people of colour being given jobs over white people because that employer hasn't enough people of colour within their organisation.
Moaner. How do you know a person was given a job because of the colour of their skin? Why do you assume that? According to your logic no person of a different ethnicity can ever be given a job
without the accusation flying around that they got that job purely because of their ethnicity.

Why can't you just accept that it's perfectly possible and normal that a person with a different shade of skin or different religion can be quite capable of doing a very good job?

IndoMike

Tav, since chiding Stuffers with 'me old bucket of whale poo', any aspiration for civilised beaconhood I once had, is now shot.

indo lives in Indo for good reason - insulting and inflammatory language can often be highly subjective. Perhaps we should be mindful of that too.

Might well be a barsteward, but I ain't no Trot, now that's insulting to me ! Mods !! You miserable old git. :)
I'm not sure what you mean in your 2nd paragraph. By the way, It was England - Germany 2 years - Spain 15 years - and then Indonesia. I came on a 2 year contract but stayed - can't beat seeing the sun every single morning and the spectacular scenery..

IndoMike

So let me get this right - you think that poverty and homelessness should be the responsibility of a few rich footballers, rather than of the government whose policies and ineptitude has led directly to the huge increase in poverty and homelessness over the 10 years they've been in power?
It says something when Johnson is ready to p*ss up billions by giving out non-tendered contracts to his sponsors/ supporter company who of course had no test and trace experience - which clearly has been proven by their awful performance - and yet is loathe to provide free meals for the kids from disadvantaged
families.

elginCity

I'm not sure what you mean in your 2nd paragraph. By the way, It was England - Germany 2 years - Spain 15 years - and then Indonesia. I came on a 2 year contract but stayed - can't beat seeing the sun every single morning and the spectacular scenery..
Could well be wrong, but was under the impression you'd had your blood pump stolen by an Indonesian, and stayed on ?