• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Spreadsheet Phil has warned the two candidates that there won't be money for all their promises in the event of a no deal Brexit. Of course he is a staunch remainer and you take his advice with a pinch of salt plus he'll be out of a job when Johnson gets the keys to number 10. I'm amazed that the Tories have their own money tree for all these fantastic giveaways when they're always accusing Labour of having one????
Phil is not my favourite politician but on this matter he is making very valid points.

Temporarily Exiled

Phil is not my favourite politician but on this matter he is making very valid points.
Yep, he's at least consistent on it. Both Boris and Hunt have gone from criticising Labour for needing magic money trees to apparently stumbling upon an orchard of them.

Alistair20000

Yep, he's at least consistent on it. Both Boris and Hunt have gone from criticising Labour for needing magic money trees to apparently stumbling upon an orchard of them.
Indeed. Maybe we need more leadership elections and general elections so we can all be rich.

DB9

Indeed. Maybe we need more leadership elections and general elections so we can all be rich.
They're both talking to only about 160,000 people who can vote or are these the first salvos of a GE Campaign?

Last edited:

Mr Jinx

It's his last hurrah. Soon to banished to the backbenches for good. And not before time.

Interesting developments with Gideon. He's a watch this space.

Alistair20000

It's his last hurrah. Soon to banished to the backbenches for good. And not before time.

Yes Gideon is definitely on manoeuvres.

Do you think Spreadsheet Phil will be offered something to keep him in the tent ? Probably something fairly derisory that he will no doubt refuse. I expect him to make some trouble.

DB9

Yes Gideon is definitely on manoeuvres.

Do you think Spreadsheet Phil will be offered something to keep him in the tent ? Probably something fairly derisory that he will no doubt refuse. I expect him to make some trouble.
Didn't they use to offer the Northern Ireland or Welsh jobs to demoted big guns to make them still feel part of things?

Alistair20000

Just spotted that Gideon is divorcing.

Was that what you had in mind ? ;)

Alistair20000

Didn't they use to offer the Northern Ireland or Welsh jobs to demoted big guns to make them still feel part of things?
Indeed.

“Phil, the biggest job that needs a good man is in Norn. I want you to have it. Best man for the job, blah blah.”

Mr Jinx

Just spotted that Gideon is divorcing.

Was that what you had in mind ? ;)
Yes, but the timing more than anything. He probably shacked up with another pair of tights some time ago. It follows his coming out for Boris then the Evening Standard's horrific yearly results. Manoeuvers there most definitively be.

Last edited: