Politics Today

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Indeed.

The EU's modus operandi with every negotiaition is to miraculously find a solution in the middle of the night at the last possible moment. Cue bleary eyed champagne popping over the croissants in the cafes of Brussels.

And I still do not believe Johnson will walk away with "no deal". He surely, surely cannot want more short term chaos whatever the supposed long-term sunlit uplands are...
Both sides will claim this and pop Champagne but in reality it will be a boring 0-0 draw.

RedPaul

Both sides will claim this and pop Champagne but in reality it will be a boring 0-0 draw.
I don't think the result will be boring. Either way there will be a lot of very cross people, whatever is agreed now.

Alistair20000

Indeed.

The EU's modus operandi with every negotiaition is to miraculously find a solution in the middle of the night at the last possible moment. Cue bleary eyed champagne popping over the croissants in the cafes of Brussels.

And I still do not believe Johnson will walk away with "no deal". He surely, surely cannot want more short term chaos whatever the supposed long-term sunlit uplands are...
Assuming Brussels is not locked down of course with Champers and croissants chalked off. :)

elginCity

Since 2010 the Tories have doubled the national debt. Doubled it to £2 trillion. Austerity - so what was that all about ?

tavyred

Well-known Exeweb poster
Since 2010 the Tories have doubled the national debt. Doubled it to £2 trillion. Austerity - so what was that all about ?
I guess Cameron and Osborne would argue that had they not tackled the structural deficit with their austerity agenda, the national debt might be closer to £3 trillion now.

RedPaul

I guess Cameron and Osborne would argue that had they not tackled the structural deficit with their austerity agenda, the national debt might be closer to £3 trillion now.
The roof was fixed while the sun shone. Now it is chucking it down. 😬

lamrobhero

Yep, fixing the doors once Labour blew then open circa 2008.
From Wikipedia:
The financial crisis of 2007–2008, also known as the global financial crisis (GFC), was a severe worldwide financial crisis. Excessive risk-taking by banks combined with the bursting of the United States housing bubble caused the values of securities tied to U.S. real estate to plummet, damaging financial institutions globally, culminating with the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers on September 15, 2008, and an international banking crisis.

DB9

From Wikipedia:
The financial crisis of 2007–2008, also known as the global financial crisis (GFC), was a severe worldwide financial crisis. Excessive risk-taking by banks combined with the bursting of the United States housing bubble caused the values of securities tied to U.S. real estate to plummet, damaging financial institutions globally, culminating with the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers on September 15, 2008, and an international banking crisis.
Don't let the facts destroy a good story, All Labours fault in 2008 has kept the Tories going.