Politics Today

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have a low opinion of the BBC not because I think that they are bias but because amongst other things they do not properly separate fact from opinion. Their superstar political correspondents present their opinion as truth.
Who do you think they are biased to lammy ? Genuine question.

I agree that some politician correspondents do present their opinion rather than report fact,forget their place & believe they are much more important than the politicians they question.

Empty chairing politicians if they decline to be interviewed(the public can make their own minds up why) is the worst thing that any broadcasters can do & perpetuates the myth that they are more important than anyone who decides against being part of the circus that a lot of these multi party debates have become at election time.

angelic upstart

Presumably the much loved EU is squeaky clean.

Just out of interest, would the government who bailed out RBS be considered state aid or not?

I read somewhere that Germany broke that ruling more than any other nation.

IndoMike

Oh here we go. Another "working day and night"...Does Johnson think saying that makes things better? Have all the ministers been trained to say that every time they make excuses?

"Although it has huge problems, and although many people are deeply frustrated, as several colleagues have pointed out, I think that they have done a quite remarkable job in expanding that operation from a standing start,” he said. “Yes, there’s a long way to go, and we will work night and day to ensure that we get there.”

That's what happens when you outsource to your buddies a crucial element of controlling the spread of the virus WITHOUT TENDER..especially when your buddies have NO EXPERIENCE .
WORLD- BEATING my arse. !

IndoMike

Some schools in England had close their doors just after reopening, while others have told whole year groups or classes, which form "bubbles", to self-isolate for two weeks following confirmed cases.

But some posters on here argued with me that there was no evidence that Covid could spread in schools and demanded evidence, which I provided. The usual suspects spouting a load of sh*te and not having the decency to admit they were wrong, as usual

lamrobhero

Who do you think they are biased to lammy ? Genuine question.

I agree that some politician correspondents do present their opinion rather than report fact,forget their place & believe they are much more important than the politicians they question.

Empty chairing politicians if they decline to be interviewed(the public can make their own minds up why) is the worst thing that any broadcasters can do & perpetuates the myth that they are more important than anyone who decides against being part of the circus that a lot of these multi party debates have become at election time.
Sorry I worded my post a bit clumsily I do not think that the BBC are biased though I am still grappling with what an unbiased media outlet looks like.
I think that if you have strong journalism then your output will stand on its own merits, irrespective of whether politicians choose to engage. Some of MSNBC's coverage in the USA shows what is possible.
Maybe my real problem is that there is no "Guardian TV Channel". I mean even Putin has "Russia Today"

Oldsmobile-88

Oh yeah? How do you know that?
My good lady was sent home from work against her will because she coughed once(no symptoms)& a Covid test was arranged.
It was ridiculous on her first day back after a weeks holiday.
If she was a ‘lead swinger’ it would have been ideal but she is not & had a lot of work planned that had to be cancelled.
I would imagine that is happening 1,000s of times across the NHS at the moment.

IndoMike

My good lady was sent home from work against her will because she coughed once(no symptoms)& a Covid test was arranged.
It was ridiculous on her first day back after a weeks holiday.
If she was a ‘lead swinger’ it would have been ideal but she is not & had a lot of work planned that had to be cancelled.
I would imagine that is happening 1,000s of times across the NHS at the moment.
Yes, Olds. I'm glad your lady is well
But anecdotal evidence and "imagining" is not very convincing . And what would you prefer : that the school takes a chance on infection spreading or send your lady home? How would you and she feel if she did have covid (heaven forbid) and was known to spread it? .There is also the question of legal responsibility. If a school does not take stringent precautions the local authority is exposed to serious complaints.
This is a global pandemic and will go down in history as a major event. It's not like somebody split their fingernail

Oldsmobile-88

Yes, Olds. I'm glad your lady is well
But anecdotal evidence and "imagining" is not very convincing . And what would you prefer : that the school takes a chance on infection spreading or send your lady home? How would you and she feel if she did have covid (heaven forbid) and was known to spread it? .There is also the question of legal responsibility. If a school does not take stringent precautions the local authority is exposed to serious complaints.
This is a global pandemic and will go down in history as a major event. It's not like somebody split their fingernail
She works in the NHS Mike.

My point is,as I believe the same one as manc is making.If people are sent home & told to isolate for a cough then this country is in real trouble.

The NHS test their staff fairly quickly to get them back,hopefully ASAP.
This was not the case a few months ago when if someone fancied a couple of weeks off self isolating they just coughed & said they felt ‘under the weather’ then they were usually daft enough to post fb photos of themselves out & about(I kid you not)