• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not so sure it was misdirection.
It seems that the 4 opposition members all voted for Lewis giving him the opportunity to stiff Grayling.

I take your point about balance 'though.

Rosencrantz

My guess is that Johnson lobbied strongly for Grayling based on the notion that the latter would be a muppet.
Edited for factual 😉

Rosencrantz

Not so sure it was misdirection.
It seems that the 4 opposition members all voted for Lewis giving him the opportunity to stiff Grayling.

I take your point about balance 'though.
Yeah I was talking more about no cross bencher to provide a balance as there has been since 2010 it seems https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/boris-johnson-intelligence-and-security-committee_uk_5f0e21fcc5b6df6cc0b28c52?ncid=other_huffpostre_pqylmel2bk8&utm_campaign=related_articles.

I was incorrect before, Blair actually kept on Tory Tom King as chair of the committee to emphasis it's non partisan position.

IndoMike

Tavers always strangely quiet on this topic.
Could it be that the narrow BREXIT victory was influenced in some ways by the Russkies, therefore making the BREXIT victory morally null and void?

"One of the first jobs of the newly formed committee will be to publish the Russia report.

It includes evidence from UK intelligence services concerning Russian attempts to influence the outcome of the 2016 EU referendum and 2017 general election.

The delay in publication has led to speculation the report contains details embarrassing for the Conservatives, however leader of the House Jacob Rees-Mogg said the hold up was due to a number of committee members leaving Parliament and the need "to make sure that the right people with the right level of experience and responsibility could be appointed"

elginCity

Sartorially, Tom King was decades ahead of his time. To think he's pushing 90 now.... o_O

IndoMike

No 10 spokesman unable to provide evidence to back Boris Johnson claim that UK system ‘as good or better than anywhere in world

Difficult to back up something which is sheer hyperbole. Getting tired of these claims that everything that the Govt does is "world-beating". I am sooooo fed up with this Govt.

elginCity

Bannon playbook

elginCity

Laura K reckons Julian Lewis thrown out of party for collaboration with the enemy.

IndoMike

Laura K reckons Julian Lewis thrown out of party for collaboration with the enemy.
Nothing on the.Beeb or Guardian yet, Elgy.

elginCity