• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

PM's

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have just finished writing a private message and tried to send it but keep getting a runtime error message. I copied it then closed the programme and opened it again, pasting the message back in. It still comes up with the same error message. Is this possibly because the message is too long? I dont know if there is a message limit.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The limit is 5000 characters.

Any chance of seeing the error message?

Grecian_Jay

Can't be bothered to start a new thread so I'll put it here:

How many mods are there these days? I only ask because when I get infraction points for 'abuse' they always come from the same two mods. Is there only two now? Or do the other mods not think I'm being offensive when others do?

Genuine question as I thought there used to be quite a few. Even Spanky has gone quiet and you could always count on him to dish out 10 points when he didn't agree with my views on Tisdale.

geoffwp

Can't be bothered to start a new thread so I'll put it here:

How many mods are there these days? I only ask because when I get infraction points for 'abuse' they always come from the same two mods. Is there only two now? Or do the other mods not think I'm being offensive when others do?

Genuine question as I thought there used to be quite a few. Even Spanky has gone quiet and you could always count on him to dish out 10 points when he didn't agree with my views on Tisdale.
Well he hasn't gone so quiet because he handed me 10 points for the mouthful I gave you Coco. Whatls the world coming to when you cant do a good *u!**** B******d

geoffwp

The limit is 5000 characters.

Any chance of seeing the error message?
Probably not without me sitting here for the next 20 minutes typing out another massive essay like the one I tried to send!!

Grecian_Jay

Well he hasn't gone so quiet because he handed me 10 points for the mouthful I gave you Coco. Whatls the world coming to when you cant do a good *u!**** B******d
That's what happens when you're too uneducated to converse without swearing :)

geoffwp

That's what happens when you're too uneducated to converse without swearing :)
I worked with Btech students for far too long lad and that's what it got me, a visit to the head's office.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
think the punishment should fit the crime so surely Geoff should have had to post 100 times

"I must not abuse Grecian_Jay"

:p