• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymuff Argyle U23's V Exeter City U23's Premier League Cup qualifying tie 2.00 p.m. (14.00) Kick off BST Match Day Thread

jimbo-gould

Think he gives in too easily and he's one of the oldest on the pitch, surely should be competing physically
I agree that he should be able to compete more physically with these players currently, but if that’s not his game he’s going to change his style to try and do that here. He has done well with the ball and took his goal very well. Something he that’s got nowhere near to doing in the first team.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cox has been very quiet altho has grown 2 or 3 inches since last season and looks a lot more ready for the mens game

jimbo-gould

Cox not lived up to his high reputation so far for me. Seems like he’s trying to force it a little with that shot just then. Put in a really good cross in the first half, but expected to see more open. Is he just back from injury?

Grecian Max

I agree that he should be able to compete more physically with these players currently, but if that’s not his game he’s going to change his style to try and do that here. He has done well with the ball and took his goal very well. Something he that’s got nowhere near to doing in the first team.
This is the thing though, he looks marginally better because he's up against kids younger than him but is still being pushed off the ball and also gives up.... chasing isn't something he fancies

jimbo-gould

This is the thing though, he looks marginally better because he's up against kids younger than him but is still being pushed off the ball and also gives up.... chasing isn't something he fancies
It’s an area of his game I would certainly like him to work on. Watkins’ work rate seems to end hear him to the villa fan base, so Ben isn’t really doing himself any favours by not getting that right. I would say in this game he seems as if he has that little bit more belief in his ability with regards to some of the touches he’s taken. Would be interesting to see how he plays if he manages to get a boost of confidence from somewhere how that translates to his game. A no-look pass to
Cox as I say that isn’t even something he has hinted towards in the first team.

cannockred

seymour 2-0

iscalad

Seymour goal machine

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Kite to Seymour and it's 2-0

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Syemour finds his level!

jimbo-gould

Been more and more impressed with Kite in recent games.