• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth's named 'best South West City'

RyanPugh

Exeter Councillor makes surprising comments after Plymouth's named 'best South West city'

http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/Exeter-Councillor-makes-surprising-comments/story-28744901-detail/story.html#ixzz40Lm0ZA7Q

Rabid Doug

One of the reasons given is that Plymouth house prices are lower than in Exeter. Pretty obvious really given Plymouth is a real ****hole.

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
Indeed a dump.

RyanPugh

Me three agrees ^^

Colesman Ballz

Indeed a dump.
A nuclear dump at that ! (facepalm)

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Not surprising really given his track record.

This being the same councillor who said that uncollected bins after snow was "not a problem", and wants to build a £26m white elephant pool in the heart of the City Centre by hook or by crook with no provision for parking, making the bus station smaller in the process.

Considering what's included in the scheme, it's going to be outdated before it's even built - I know of no one other than councillors that think the project is a good idea in its current guise. Personally, I'm embarrassed that he's leader of ECC, mainly for the fact he doesn't have the best interests of the whole city at heart. Unfortunately, come the May elections I reckon most of Joe Public will vote for the party rather than the person, and with Exeter being a Labour stronghold I won't be surprised to see him stay for a while yet.

The only good thing he's done of note recently is vote through our redevelopment plans last week - and that was probably due to the student accommodation included!

iscalad

Bit bitter are we?

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Don't think bitter's quite the right terminology! ;)

I'm just of the opinion that he's not listening to the masses with his pool idea. If it goes ahead as currently planned, I strongly believe the taxpayers will be paying a hefty price for it.

Considering bars and restaurants are being included as part of the development, you'd think they'd make more money if a theatre was built there rather than a pool. Besides, who's going to want to go for food and drinks before or after a visit to the pool/gym?

As you know, it takes a lot for me to write war and peace :)