• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Tickets (H)

dontpassback

Same! Also says from 7th March.
ive just got mine,i think you couldnt get one until after 12 noon for some reason,i am gold as well,so worth trying again

dontpassback

i think 7 march refers to general sale

tom_ecfc

Seems to have be sorted now 👍

Grecian_Matt

Sorted now and ticket purchased..
Seems some people must of not had issues as there is slim pickings available in seating.

tom_ecfc

Sorted now and ticket purchased..
Seems some people must of not had issues as there is slim pickings available in seating.
I’m guessing season ticket holders who are also gold members could purchase a ticket for a friend?

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’m guessing season ticket holders who are also gold members could purchase a ticket for a friend?
Yep.

If you already have your seat/big bank ticket you're still entitled to purchase one.

tom_ecfc

Yep.

If you already have your seat/big bank ticket you're still entitled to purchase one.
I’m 50/50 on this. I understand that if you are a season ticket holder you can also be a trust member and if over 3 years a gold member and if after 3 years of being a season ticket holder but then stop being one but still retain your trust membership you stay a gold member? (I think that is correct?) But, then I think of the other fans who potentially wouldn’t be able to get a ticket, say someone who is silver and has 2 years trust membership. That ticket is picked up by a season ticket holder with 3+ years gold membership and passed to someone who only wants to see the ‘big games’. It’s a very tough one (and I wouldn’t want to be the one who makes the decision), but with bigger crowds/sell outs, trying to make it as fair as possible this seems a small loophole to be able to get a mate who is a season ticket holder and 3+ years trust membership to get you a ticket over someone who is in the trust. First pick that is, but with increasing interest and more trust members moving into the Gold category, that means less tickets available at the silver level.

P.S this would be for home league games only.

Just my ramblings as always 🤣

Last edited:

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’m 50/50 on this. I understand that if you are a season ticket holder you can also be a trust member and if over 3 years a gold member and if after 3 years of being a season ticket holder but then stop being one but still retain your trust membership you stay a gold member? (I think that is correct?) But, then I think of the other fans who potentially wouldn’t be able to get a ticket, say someone who is silver and has 2 years trust membership. That ticket is picked up by a season ticket holder with 3+ years gold membership and passed to someone who only wants to see the ‘big games’. It’s a very tough one (and I wouldn’t want to be the one who makes the decision), but with bigger crowds/sell outs, trying to make it as fair as possible this seems a small loophole to be able to get a mate who is a season ticket holder and 3+ years trust membership to get you a ticket over someone who is in the trust. First pick that is, but with increasing interest and more trust members moving into the Gold category, that means less tickets available at the silver level.

Interesting points.

This season is the first I know of in the 20 years of a Trust owned club where we've regularly sold out seats for home games so it is a new thing.
The immediate method of dealing with it is already being applied - to have the 1 ticket per person limit (previously it was 2 per person).

It would be difficult to argue to a season ticket holder that they should lose the advantage of Trust priority because of their extra commitment.

There could be other refinements. Those that spring to mind immediately are:
  • The 'platinum level' you referred to in an earlier post.
  • A rotation of sorts.
  • A limited proportion of seats available for sale to priority members with some held back for general sale and keeping the 1 ticket per person limit whilst on general sale.
Of course, to be in Silver priority a supporter only has to join the Trust. It is true to say though that with a limited number of seats once priority numbers equal or approach that number the less effective priority there actually is.

One for the Trust to ponder going forward.

Boyo

Does anyone know how many Gold, Silver and Bronze members there are in each category?

Boyo

Ok, so ST holder and Trust member here (almost 20 years). To be frank, the primary benefit of Trust membership, for me, is priority ticket access. So for the argyle game I have been able to give my "gold" ticket to my brother whilst retaining my usual season ticket. If you were to take the benefit of ticket access away from Trust members who are also season ticket holders, then in all honestly I'd probably stop being a Trust member. If 1,000 ST / Trust members felt the same way, then the Trust would lose £24k (minimum) in one hit. Yes, there is also the priority access for away tickets, but it's very rare that's needed. Even when we get the occassional big team away in the Cup then the allocation is usually large enough that tickets are not difficult to come by.