• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth game moved to Monday night - confirmed

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
How much notice we should expect to be given

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
We have six league games (4 H, 2 A) before the Argyle one. Argyle have seven (3 H, 4 A).

A lot of water to flow under the bridge.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I agree. I think legally Sky have to announce it within 4 weeks? I hope everyone enjoys the day and game. To be honest....apart from the fee of £90 and the trouble it’s causing everyone for travel, I think Monday could be more enjoyable!
We get back to the original point. If it was Saturday or Sunday early kick-off it would make life easier for everyone who wanted to attend. But Monday night is not easy for everyone. Which means the needs of the fans are relegated to second place

nick_exmouth

We get back to the original point. If it was Saturday or Sunday early kick-off it would make life easier for everyone who wanted to attend. But Monday night is not easy for everyone. Which means the needs of the fans are relegated to second place
The fans will always be at the mercy of the broadcaster if they pay for the rights to show the games. We (and every other L2 club) do receive c 475k per year for that right so we can't have it both ways

Matt Russell

We have six league games (4 H, 2 A) before the Argyle one. Argyle have seven (3 H, 4 A).

A lot of water to flow under the bridge.
Are you bidding to usurp Doc D?

IndoMike

The fans will always be at the mercy of the broadcaster if they pay for the rights to show the games. We (and every other L2 club) do receive c 475k per year for that right so we can't have it both ways
Yes, I agree. As I said before, matches will be televised :it's the timing that imo is the problem.

denzel

Bit shafted by the EFL here, 4 weeks is nothing. The EPL have negotiated 6 weeks which seems fair. No wonder clubs in the Championship want to renegotiate the deal

Dubai Grecian

If it is the Monday night, only realistic train in 1110pm....unless you can sprint back from the game and make the 930pm

CityTillIDie

If it is the Monday night, only realistic train in 1110pm....unless you can sprint back from the game and make the 930pm
What we going to do while we wait then..:sleep:

TOP_CITY_FAN

What we going to do while we wait then..:sleep:
Few of us went to watch Argyle v Palace in the championship a few years ago... had to wait for said train, so played football in the concourse with a couple coppers. That killed some time.