• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Could Still Go Down!

Doug P

Quote “Decision On Saints Expected Soon”

“Non-League may know by Tuesday if Southampton will drop into the Conference.
The Championship Saint are reported to be £30m in debt and ready to fold if a new buyer doesn’t come forward. St Mary’s sources say the process to begin winding up will be on Monday if a takeover isn’t completed. If that happens, a phoenix club will be formed and must start a minimum of two divisions down the Pyramid.
With Southampton already relegated after their breach of insolvency regulations. Conference chairman Brian Lee has already been sounded out about taking on a re-formed club.”
From The NLP – Sunday 3rd May 2009

This could turn into a very messy business and I do feel for the Saint’s fans BUT what about Plymouth ? are they still safe!

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Quote “Decision On Saints Expected Soon”

“Non-League may know by Tuesday if Southampton will drop into the Conference.
The Championship Saint are reported to be £30m in debt and ready to fold if a new buyer doesn’t come forward. St Mary’s sources say the process to begin winding up will be on Monday if a takeover isn’t completed. If that happens, a phoenix club will be formed and must start a minimum of two divisions down the Pyramid.
With Southampton already relegated after their breach of insolvency regulations. Conference chairman Brian Lee has already been sounded out about taking on a re-formed club.”
From The NLP – Sunday 3rd May 2009

This could turn into a very messy business and I do feel for the Saint’s fans BUT what about Plymouth ? are they still safe!
Yes.........

Poundstretcher

If this happens I image Norwich will be reprieved, Altrincham style, as will Northampton, as will Chester.

glos_grecian

Hope not, I'm looking forward to having a 10 point head start on Southampton

Last edited:

greenawayr

And even if that were the case, Plymouth would argue that the final game of the season that they lost, could've been different if they knew they were still in a relegation battle. They're safe and I'd imagine someone will come to the rescue of Saints.

Bittners a Legend

If this happens I image Norwich will be reprieved, Altrincham style, as will Northampton, as will Chester.
If Norwich were reprieved there would be 25 clubs in the Championship surely?

Poundstretcher

If Norwich were reprieved there would be 25 clubs in the Championship surely?
Arsebiscuits.

Delete Norwich from that post, then, and read Northampton and Chester only...

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
Despite the Scum's best efforts they won't be relegated for at least 9 months