• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Argyle Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
***** defending again, but Blackman is a useless presence. We truly were spoilt with Cam Dawson! Saved us so many points one on one last year!

Hopefully S Brown does go to Rotherham in January so we can get some actual competition in, it’s too easy for him to be below par.
We have more than played our part in showing the footballing quality of this league but hate to say it overall Argigle are where they deserve to be defensively we are still suspect and Blackman is not the answer

ryancooper327

Surely offside? Hardie probably on for the through-ball but 16 headed the goal kick…

View attachment 9537
Well. I only thought you couldn’t be offside from throws, turns out it is goal kicks too

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wasn't expecting anything from the game, but to lead twice and lose was quite disappointing.

StudentGrecian

Good performance, just slack defending cost us. Nothing to be too concerned about though I don’t think. If they are one of the better sides in this division then there’s no reason we can’t easily finish in the top half. If we had Stubbs fit regularly we’d have a real side on our hands.

milts

Needed to sort out defence out asap.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Three very stoppable goals from Argiggle the difference. The first and third we didn't pick up and the second, why didn't somebody get out and shut him down. Very disappointed as other than that we played well enough to come home with at least a point.

JayPob94

Argyle now on their best home run in history. Was always going to be tough. I'm not bothered about losing, but when we are 2-1 up, to lose 4-2 is just completely unacceptable.

We are still soft as kittens defensively which is a trend that came from the majority of Matt Taylors reign, and got worse under Nicholsons stint.

Neither manager would give the players a rocket, but Caldwell will eat them alive.

Blackman is just shocking, thank the lord he's only on a one year contract.

We swap keepers tonight we win the game.

Argyle good but nothing special and I don't actually think theyll go up.

thermopylai

That hurts. We played really well for 60 mins, but had little to offer at the end.
The tactics worked well until we were behind. Then we never looked like coming back.

Bat Fastard

thought the lads played superbly.....that whittaker for them was the difference, looked a notch above everyone else i thought

dontpassback

Slack play for their equaliser,but we showed we have enough about us to trouble any team,the defending needs to improve but I am sure Gary Caldwell will be working on it