• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Argyle Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

JayPob94

Why no Jevani? Only thing I can think of is Dieng in there for his height and defence on set pieces. With Kite and Collins I expect us to try and keep possession

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's going to be a scrap so makes sense to have 3 centre mids.Maybe sends a message to Brown that Caldwell wants him back in form.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

I like the look of 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 however you want to describe it. Jevani to come off the bench to score the winner. COYR!!

Bat Fastard

seems strange leaving out by far and away our most creative player, still in caldwell we trust......f*** cornwall and ginsters

Exehausted

It's going to be a scrap so makes sense to have 3 centre mids.Maybe sends a message to Brown that Caldwell wants him back in form.
My only real disappointment is Chieck being on the bench. I prefer 5 across midfield as I think we are better as an attacking threat. We have created very few chances in recent games since we went 3 4 3. I got a lot of stick when I suggested this formation a couple of weeks ago and that of the front three Jevani would be the one I would leave out. I'll admit that I'm worried about Josh in the back three but I'm much happier than I was when I feared we would play a front three and not give them much to go after. UP THE CITY!

StudentGrecian

Jevani switched out to make us more solid in the centre, can see exactly what Caldwell is thinking and can’t argue against it. I just hope Jev takes it well, I feel his relationship with Taylor was huge in his success, not an ideal start to a relationship with the new manager.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
No Azzaz in the squad is a big plus for us.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
My only real disappointment is Chieck being on the bench. I prefer 5 across midfield as I think we are better as an attacking threat. We have created very few chances in recent games since we went 3 4 3. I got a lot of stick when I suggested this formation a couple of weeks ago and that of the front three Jevani would be the one I would leave out. I'll admit that I'm worried about Josh in the back three but I'm much happier than I was when I feared we would play a front three and not give them much to go after. UP THE CITY!
I think with no Diabate it makes sense to have the central midfield three.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Even Sky Sports are fixated with Argyle. 20 mins into the programme and you wouldn't really know that City are playing tonight