• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Argyle Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

Topsham Boy

If we win tonight, back in the Play Off race!!
Would be a fantastic result if we do win.
Can’t stand the GAWS….other than to applaud them on being the club that wins the the standout underachievers award every year, and on being the leading club in Cornwall….. but they are very strong at home so I would take a draw. My prediction is 2-2. Hope tempers on the pitch don’t boil over and one of ours gets marching orders.UTC.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Its going to be absolutely pishing it down all match.
Just starting to rain up here in dear old Isca.

Who knows...by 8pm the pitch might even be soft enough for Mr Stubbs to make a surprise reappearance?

StroudGrecian

Mmmmm. If I were a player going into the game Id be up for it more knowing my gaffer played in the Old Firm, as opposed to Schumacher for example. I also genuinely think it will be part of his team talks going into today. Players will be right up for it and I expect them to look up for it.

So many times under Tisdale we looked like we didnt give a t*ss.
That's as may be, but we had a pretty decent record against 'Them' under Tis

Grecian2K

Anyone got the clip of all those Janners skulking out of our away end before the second half of our last meeting had barely got going?

That should motivate!!!

One hopes that, however the game goes tonight, the Grecian army would stay loud and proud, even if it is a bitter end.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone got the clip of all those Janners skulking out of our away end before the second half of our last meeting had barely got going?

That should motivate!!!

One hopes that, however the game goes tonight, the Grecian army would stay loud and proud, even if it is a bitter end.
No but I always enjoy this one

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can see us winning the psychological warfare part of the match.Caldwell has so much more knowledge on how to win a match like this.The key will be in making it count during 90 minutes.

STURTZ

No but I always enjoy this one

Love that footage, love the fan that's bouncing on the green banner between the City fans and the gap🤣

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Love that footage, love the fan that's bouncing on the green banner between the City fans and the gap🤣
I love how you can hear in the 'You're not singing anymore' how out of breath everyone is from the goal celebration. I certainly was.

STURTZ

Understand Chewbakka is good at changing team shape during games, hope GC is able to cope. Comes down to it if we can beat Cooper in goal we've every chance. Any news on Blackman and Diabate?
Come on you Grecians!

Banksy

Just starting to rain up here in dear old Isca.

Who knows...by 8pm the pitch might even be soft enough for Mr Stubbs to make a surprise reappearance?
Now that would be interesting if a little surprising.