• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Argyle Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Okay they’re decent this year, but looking for positives they’ve been hammered by Charlton and also have relied on very late goals for at least a couple of their wins. Let’s take it to them, nothing to lose and everything to gain UTC
They've look decent at this stage for the last couple of seasons.......... and they've bottled it. Their rot sets in tonight, 2-1 City.

Cowshed Grecian

If we win tonight, back in the Play Off race!!

So in their last game Plymouth used all their loan players, Whittaker, Cosgrove, Mumba, Azaz and Lonwijk. Meanwhile in Derby we used eight Academy players (one of which was a loanee). What does this say about the two clubs and more importantly football in general. I seem to remember Yeovil's promotion to the Championship was on the back of loan players and look how that turned out.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mmmmm. If I were a player going into the game Id be up for it more knowing my gaffer played in the Old Firm, as opposed to Schumacher for example. I also genuinely think it will be part of his team talks going into today. Players will be right up for it and I expect them to look up for it.

So many times under Tisdale we looked like we didnt give a t*ss.
Why?

SaintJames

Should have left it to me, I started the thread for our last home game against Argyle. If you do half as well, I'll take it!
I have just backed my prophecy 1-0 to City is 11/1 at Paddy power!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
So in their last game Plymouth used all their loan players, Whittaker, Cosgrove, Mumba, Azaz and Lonwijk. Meanwhile in Derby we used eight Academy players (one of which was a loanee). What does this say about the two clubs and more importantly football in general. I seem to remember Yeovil's promotion to the Championship was on the back of loan players and look how that turned out.
Maybe it's clutching at straws but I do wonder what might happen to Plymouth if some of those loan players are recalled in January.

CC

Working from home in Redhills and I can hear the city fans are in good voice at the Imperial.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe it's clutching at straws but I do wonder what might happen to Plymouth if some of those loan players are recalled in January.
Seeing we've got Greeno at Villa I think Azaz is on his way to SJP in January !
UTC

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looking back not too many years I recall another set of gr**n shirted local rivals who begged and borrowed their way to BRIEF Championship glory.

What ever happened to them?

SaintJames

If we win tonight, back in the Play Off race!!
Surely you mean when not if?