• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plym**th away tickets

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Because they are buying a discounted product. Trust members are donating money for arguably nothing. Let's face it, noone is a season ticket holder because they want to hand over a bucket of cash. they are doing so because it is cheaper for them.
The main reason I buy a S/T isn't so much because its cheaper its because I cant be a$$ed to stand in line for a ticket every game !
As for the dramatic "Critical in 2 years time" bit that doesn't make me want to re-join the Trust.

muppetdodger

Because they are buying a discounted product. Trust members are donating money for arguably nothing. Let's face it, noone is a season ticket holder because they want to hand over a bucket of cash. they are doing so because it is cheaper for them.
Plus also it guarantees them a seat that they want for every game, and they can reserve that seat for extra games like cup games etc. Just trust members cannot reserve a seat and hence have to take what's left.

Grecian_Matt

I didn't realise that ST holders were bronze priority, that really needs to change.
ST holders should be Platinum and always have first dibs on any tickets that go on sale.

They contribute more to the club and go week in week out.
I have donated £250 to the club in the last 10 years and I am a Gold Member, and get priority over a season ticket holder? That is just wrong.

Edit:-
I have seen they do have gold priority for home cup games which are the games that priority really matters.
But still if every gold and silver member bought 4 tickets to Leyton Orient final day for our big promotion game, how many season ticket wouldn't be able to go?

Last edited:

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
I didn't realise that ST holders were bronze priority, that really needs to change.
ST holders should be Platinum and always have first dibs on any tickets that go on sale.

They contribute more to the club and go week in week out.
I have donated £250 to the club in the last 10 years and I am a Gold Member, and get priority over a season ticket holder? That is just wrong.

Edit:-
I have seen they do have gold priority for home cup games which are the games that priority really matters.
But still if every gold and silver member bought 4 tickets to Leyton Orient final day for our big promotion game, how many season ticket wouldn't be able to go?
Totally agree. Season tickets holders don"t just do it because it's cheaper, they also show commitment for the whole season, and pay in advance to do so. There are plenty of fans who could afford to do this but choose not to so they can pick and choose when to go or otherwise. Season tickets holders should always get priority when it comes to ticket sales in my view......I'm getting deja vu, I'm sure this has been discussed to death on here, normally when a huge game pops up. Any business should value their most dedicated customers the highest

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Why should being a season ticket holder for home games give you priority for tickets to an away game?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
ST holders are rightly the *highest* priority for home games, but I agree with Hants, away games are different. If you want priority for away games, join the Trust. It's not like these rules have suddenly been changed, they have been clear for several years.

The "Venn diagram" (overlapping circles) of home and away games has a relatively small intersection, I imagine.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Season ticket holders paying an extra 2 quid a month, I'm sure they can if they want to, and most probably do, be interesting to know the stats on that - % of season ticket holders who are Trust members. Anyone?

I have never, ever missed out on a ticket for an Exeter game I wanted to go to. If you really want to go to a game, you will be able to get to one if you put the effort in.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I have never, ever missed out on a ticket for an Exeter game I wanted to go to. If you really want to go to a game, you will be able to get to one if you put the effort in.
That's so true. Anybody who is organised should be able to get a ticket.

AndrewP

The priorty system has been in operation for a while now and is very well documented. It's lovely we have such an important and (I hope) in demand game - let's face it it's not an issue often. Let's also not forget in some instances in the past, we haven't even sold our allocation for Argyle away!. Have they increased the away allocation from previous now that they have a redeveloped stand?.

I am sure our boys and girls have done the maths on eligability in each group's numbers, and I would be hopeful that anyone on any of the tiers of priority gets the opportunity for a ticket. Fingers crossed anyway, luckily got mine already. l

Looking forward to the game....Apart from the having to go to Plymouth bit...which is always horrble ;-)

Blacky

How are the ticket sales going!?? It will be Monday for me....