• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Please help RL - New Drum Fund

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
2 for £35 does seem a better deal even if they only last 1 season each.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Percussion-Plus-14-inch-Samba-Drum-/172742074253?epid=1305264374&hash=item28383adf8d:g:CKMAAOSwOMdZSpSV this one comes with sticks and a carry belt and still under £100
Needs to be an 18" as thats the current size. And tbh, we're gonna go with as good as we can get (and new) because the last thing we want is it breaking mid game at an important moment :) Good finds though.

Colesman Ballz

Out of interest, where do the origine's of the red heart lye? It was there before Adam died wasnt it?
Don't know for sure, but believe it was meant to be symbolic of the fans being the heart/heartbeat of the club. Not sure if it was painted there with specific reference to the supporters of the big bank, or just that that it was the only feasible spot to paint it, given that the seating areas were obviously impractical. The one thing I do know for sure (which may not be what you are wanting to know) is that Taggy was enthusiastic about it, and I personally heard him mention it in glowing terms !

I have no idea who came up with the idea originally.

Hope this helps Pete.

Last edited:

malcolms

Needs to be an 18" as thats the current size. And tbh, we're gonna go with as good as we can get (and new) because the last thing we want is it breaking mid game at an important moment :) Good finds though.
Hi Max, seems you know what you want, so I thought the best thing to do was put some dosh in your fund......

Grecian Max

Hi Max, seems you know what you want, so I thought the best thing to do was put some dosh in your fund......
Wow, thanks Malcolm. Top man.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Well done good people of Exeweb. You've helped them smash the total needed in just a few days.

Grecian Max

Well done good people of Exeweb. You've helped them smash the total needed in just a few days.
Yes we have, apologies for not posting sooner, I don't run the twitter or facebook btw, just help out posting on here :)

Fantastic support from city fans, we have been lucky to have been backed so well over the last couple of years and I think due to that have created something really positive for matchdays. The displays like the play off game are only possible with fundraising efforts and it's brilliant that we have a bit of a kitty to play with for the coming season.

UTC

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't know for sure, but believe it was meant to be symbolic of the fans being the heart/heartbeat of the club. Not sure if it was painted there with specific reference to the supporters of the big bank, or just that that it was the only feasible spot to paint it, given that the seating areas were obviously impractical. The one thing I do know for sure (which may not be what you are wanting to know) is that Taggy was enthusiastic about it, and I personally heard him mention it in glowing terms !

I have no idea who came up with the idea originally.

Hope this helps Pete.
Correct. It was originally painted at Inglethorpe's request. Here to help.

SomeSunnyDay

Looks like the fundraising is going well. (y) Just added a donation from the fanzine.

Best of luck,

All at Some Sunny Day

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Have seen a picture of the new drum and it looks fantastic!