• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Playoff Semifinal First Leg v Colchester (Team)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is this game free to view on Sky? I heard that Sky were making games free to view until the end of the season.
Its not clear what they are doing yet. From what I can gather Sky are broadcasting some but not all games on free to air. If you have a smart tv you can buy a now tv pass which gives you all 10 sky sports channels for about 10 pound which lasts a week I think. This is what I'll probably do to be able to watch both games.

speedyflo

I've just bought a now TV 1 week pass through Curry's online, £10 for week.seem to of taken off official site,

Dannyred

Interesting that most people are preferring Ward to Maxted. Before he broke his arm Ward was very impressive but I thought Maxted was looking even better before his own injury.
We have two very good league two keepers.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Interesting that most people are preferring Ward to Maxted. Before he broke his arm Ward was very impressive but I thought Maxted was looking even better before his own injury.
Agree around December January time Maxted was in cracking form with several MoM performances.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
These playoffs are going to be nothing like any of the previous. Previously managers would start with their strongest line up and if successful, in subsequent games unless due to injury, keep the same team.

This time as MT has said because of the lack of match play and a greater risk of injury in order to protect the players he will be unable to keep an unchanged team and will have to use the majority of his first team squad.

How teams use their substitutes will also be very interesting particularly if when close to the end of a second leg game or even in the Final, the aggregate or if the Final, score is level and there is the likelihood of a penalty shootout.

Red Devon

Matt Taylor and coaching team to drive themselves separately to Colchester with a 20 man squad travelling by coach.

Corey

These playoffs are going to be nothing like any of the previous. Previously managers would start with their strongest line up and if successful, in subsequent games unless due to injury, keep the same team.

This time as MT has said because of the lack of match play and a greater risk of injury in order to protect the players he will be unable to keep an unchanged team and will have to use the majority of his first team squad.

How teams use their substitutes will also be very interesting particularly if when close to the end of a second leg game or even in the Final, the aggregate or if the Final, score is level and there is the likelihood of a penalty shootout.
This is why I feel our excellent squad depth could be mightily important for us

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt Taylor and coaching team to drive themselves separately to Colchester with a 20 man squad travelling by coach.

No hotels so a 500 mile round trip over 24 hours with 9 hours driving time. Anticipated arrival back in Exeter at 4.00 am. Second leg the following Monday so not an ideal set of circumstances by any means.

In comparison Northampton easy trip to Cheltenham round trip 160 miles and just over 4 hours driving time. To say the fates are conspiring against us would be putting it mildly. UTC.

Red Devon

No hotels so a 500 mile round trip over 24 hours with 9 hours driving time. Anticipated arrival back in Exeter at 4.00 am. Second leg the following Monday so not an ideal set of circumstances by any means.

In comparison Northampton easy trip to Cheltenham round trip 160 miles and just over 4 hours driving time. To say the fates are conspiring against us would be putting it mildly. UTC.
Hopefully the flat atmosphere will be a leveller

Rosencrantz

As Matt said, it will be the same for Colchester on the Monday. Not ideal for either side.