• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Playing budget

tom_ecfc

But I wasnt talking about a 3rd Rd tie between two well supported higher league teams? With the exception of the Tottenham game al those games would attract larger gates. I'm referring to the kind of game that was a Southampton, Brighton, Fulham, Brentford, Palace, Bournmouth, Wolves etc. If we played any of those away we wouldnt be playing above 10,000 for a number. Hope I would be wrong but would rather have Newscastle away any day of the week
I guess if we don’t get a big away tie a home tie would potentially benefit us more on and off the pitch?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't forget the shirt sales when a certain No 7 joins us in January for nothing as he has always wanted to return to he place he was first professionally nutmegged & no longer wanted up North !
UTC

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Presumably attendances always include all season ticket holders and we have sold a lot this season. Don't suppose all those ST holders attend every game which would account for some sell outs to seem bigger than others?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Presumably attendances always include all season ticket holders and we have sold a lot this season. Don't suppose all those ST holders attend every game which would account for some sell outs to seem bigger than others?
Yes. There will doubtless be a good few empty seats, especially with the early KO; some will pass their ticket on to a family member or friend but not all.

Justin Quick mentioned at the Trust AGM that the Club are trying to develop a facility (which I know some PL clubs like Arsenal and others have) for ST holders who are sure they cannot attend a particular game to allow the Club to sell their seat / place on the BB on to another fan - either donating this to the club or being refunded pro rata less an administration fee. Advantage - some cash, fewer empty seats, plus some extra food drink etc sales. Win:win.

Easier of course for a PL pike with 40,000 plus seats, but ought to be possible even for minnows like us.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
The lady generally referred to in regard to the good old much missed Horse & Dray was not called Prudence Mind ;)
What was her surname, then?

STURTZ

J W's suggestion sounds like a good idea.

STURTZ

Ask Irish Brian!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sad thing is that even if we draw a Spurs, Man City or Arsenal in the 3rd round, we won't be playing their 'proper 1st team'
The Premier League have devalued the competition already, without any World Cup effect.
Well Man Citys 2nd team would probably still win the Premier league so I'm happy to play them.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well Man Citys 2nd team would probably still win the Premier league so I'm happy to play them.
But with Big Yin Gary's Man C connections we might be their 2nd team !
UTC

Alistair20000

My lips are sealed

1668805907525.jpeg