• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Player of the season

tonykellowfan

Voting now open

http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/vote-for-your-city-player-of-the-season-now-3650442.aspx

I'm guessing a close contest between Ollie and Wheeler?

cityregular

Don't forget the hard work put in by TROY BROWN

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Mentions also to Craig Woodman and Jake Taylor for me.

Terryhall

I have voted... I've actually gone for Pym. I had already thought he had a good season this season to come from virtually no game time last year to being first choice this year - but it wasn't until I started trying to debunk some of the #fakenews on other threads that I realised he has kept a clean sheet in over 50% of his league games this season.

That is a frankly astonishing achievement and is the best clean sheet % in the league for players with more than 15 appearances.

Watkins and Wheeler deserve credit (as does Woodman for being very quietly solid all season to the point that we are now debating who could possibly replace him for the run-in) but for my money Pym has been the rock this season has been built upon.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I've cast my vote for someone currently presumably in a cast himself - Craig Woodman.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have voted... I've actually gone for Pym. I had already thought he had a good season this season to come from virtually no game time last year to being first choice this year - but it wasn't until I started trying to debunk some of the #fakenews on other threads that I realised he has kept a clean sheet in over 50% of his league games this season.

That is a frankly astonishing achievement and is the best clean sheet % in the league for players with more than 15 appearances.

Watkins and Wheeler deserve credit (as does Woodman for being very quietly solid all season to the point that we are now debating who could possibly replace him for the run-in) but for my money Pym has been the rock this season has been built upon.
If he is "the rock this season has been built on" then sadly, I suspect we are about to witness a landslide....Like all keepers he makes mistakes, but in his case they tend come in bunches... Watkins should win it easily with Wheeler runner up and Brown and Taylor meriting a mention...

ecfc2000

anyone voted for TAH yet?..

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wheeler ...

IndoMike

I vote for Woodman cos although he's not a great player he has overcome his bad form of last year and the constant criticism that accompanied it. He has never hidden away and has performed consistently at a 6.5 -7/10 level this season.

Last edited:

IndoMike

I clicked and saw nothing about player of the year on this link.