• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Player Budget

SaintJames

Indeed, that is the problem with the "woken" society of today, in times past it was both permissable and "de riguer" to burn non believers at the stake ! Happy Days ! 😎
well with Trampus I would tar and feather him as well such is his level of non belief. However, his opinion is a personal 'beef' with the manager and nothing to do with whatever his opinion actually is

SaintJames

Were you not pontificating about respecting people who have a different opinion to others having the right to express it and who are you to say who is associated with the Club?! Not everyone thinks Taylor walks on water but it’s just their opinion. You might not like it but what can you ultimately do about it?!
when his 'opinion' as you say is based on the football and not personal to the Manager he can express any opinion he may wish to and I will respect his right to do so. However, if its all the same I cannot respect someone who has spent every post maligning one of our most successful managers purely because of a personal vendetta.

ExmouthMart

when his 'opinion' as you say is based on the football and not personal to the Manager he can express any opinion he may wish to and I will respect his right to do so. However, if its all the same I cannot respect someone who has spent every post maligning one of our most successful managers purely because of a personal vendetta.
Perhaps you could enlighten those of us not privy to the inner workings of the club what exactly this person has done to upset you and be so bitter as you say towards Taylor. This is off topic but as there seems to be a lot of this on Exeweb where people hint at goings on but never quite divulge what it is. If people genuinely have an agenda against the Club they should be told to go forth and multiple. If you just don’t like them, well that’s too bad, they are entitled to their opinion on a forum where we all have a vested interest as I believe most of us are the ‘owners’.

Thames Valley Red

Last time it was reported The Trust held 54% of shares. The next largest shareholders are two individuals who had just over 5% each.
By my research, it should be 62.9% of the shares. So not sure why the figure is lower. Also no 1931 player is worrying me

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
By my research, it should be 62.9% of the shares. So not sure why the figure is lower. Also no 1931 player is worrying me
Maybe no player was available that fitted the criteria of the 1931 sponsorship.

SaintJames

TVR, the Trust ownership is the 54%. The higher figure is as I understand it is in the suspense account comprising of shareholders who have died or cannot be traced.

DawlishBouy

I can’t remember where this was published but I copy pasted the following:

Share capital of £40,000
£1 shares
33,164 ordinary shares
6,836 preference shares

201 shareholders account for 34,577 shares
5,106 shares nominally owned by untraceable account holders. 12.77%
317 ordinary shares unissued

Exeter City AFC Supporters’ Society Limited 53.9% of the authorised share capital.
(Industrial and Provident Society registered under the Cooperative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014. Company number: IP29339R)

1 person owns 5.78%
1 person owns 5.33%

Reactions: WXF

Colesman Ballz

Share capital of £40,000
£1 shares
33,164 ordinary shares
6,836 preference shares

Exeter City AFC Supporters’ Society Limited 53.9% of the authorised share capital.
(Industrial and Provident Society registered under the Cooperative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014. Company number: IP29339R)

1 person owns 5.78%
1 person owns 5.33%
One of those two individual shareholdings was I believe, purchased by Ivor Doble from Gino Vecce when Gino retired to the Mediterranean. This share transfer was approved by the Club Board around 5 years ago.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster

Share capital of £40,000
£1 shares
33,164 ordinary shares
6,836 preference shares

1 person owns 5.78%
1 person owns 5.33%
The untraceable number is now much smaller as the Trust found the owners of 3,300 of them. Also the Trust's shareholding is now 57.25%

ECFC Completes Successful Search For Missing Shareholders (weownexetercityfc.co.uk)

Grecian2K

I'm no expert in high finance but couldn't this kind of approach be used to clear the decks of the "untraceables"?
New approach puts unclaimed dividends and shares to good use – Rentokil Initial plc (rentokil-initial.com)