• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Play-off final revenue

GJW

What revenue do we get for making the final and what more could we make from a commercial point of view in the next 7 days?
Not sure if we get league or TV payments for reaching the final and if we get anything for the TV coverage of both semi-finals and the final.
On the Commercial front I guess ECFC are in overdrive this week.
We have had the cardboard cut outs and the ticket donations for the game which would have raised a nice bit of money. They could sell last night‘s memorable game programme (hard copy) to make 1 or 2 £k of sales. Will they have time to generate a final booklet like they have done for previous finals?
If the EFL produce a Final programme for both clubs would we make any money from that?
What other commercial opportunities are there can be put in place with 1 week to go?

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I want two massive foam fingers for use in my lounge.

iscalad

Are you going to change your name to Ryan Bowman's head?

GJW

fred binneys head

Are you going to change your name to Ryan Bowman's head?
No, I think I’ll keep FBH, I’ve had it since the start of Exeweb, would be weird to change now.

Ian Russon

Personally I think the empty space should be used for additional advertising boards and the money going to both clubs.. Empty space with an audience makes revenue.

Oldsmobile-88

A really small window of opportunity unfortunately.
I expect the club will have to find a hotel in that expensive metropolis.

Not much TV money on offer too,which is a real pi55 take in the context of zero gate revenue share.

As I have already mentioned on another thread Sky will make good money from Grecian & Northampton supporters who will buy one day passes for the game,which grates even more with the limited broadcast fee on offer.

Will be a expensive day out for whatever team does not win next Monday.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It's not as if we can sell shirts to fans going to the game.

Grecian2K

I'll just go for the one huge finger - aimed at the EFL (& Sky)

Ian Russon

A really small window of opportunity unfortunately.
I expect the club will have to find a hotel in that expensive metropolis.

Not much TV money on offer too,which is a real pi55 take in the context of zero gate revenue share.

As I have already mentioned on another thread Sky will make good money from Grecian & Northampton supporters who will buy one day passes for the game,which grates even more with the limited broadcast fee on offer.

Will be a expensive day out for whatever team does not win next Monday.

It's a shame the game can not be put off for a month, things are easing and neither club will completely sell out so could look into social spacing between fans.