• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Planning application for new training ground facilities

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Having been invloved obo the Trust in a number of meetings during the planning, contract letting and execution of the construction of the Stansfield Stand, a project which, several times, was in danger of not coming to fruition, I am personally happy to let those involved in the negotations this time deal with it. For what it's worth, they have my confidence at least.

Alistair20000

Having been invloved obo the Trust in a number of meetings during the planning, contract letting and execution of the construction of the Stansfield Stand, a project which, several times, was in danger of not coming to fruition, I am personally happy to let those involved in the negotations this time deal with it. For what it's worth, they have my confidence at least.
The outcome with the first chosen contractor for the C&F project has not turned out well. It remains to be seen if we have taken a financial loss on this.

Pete Martin (CTID)

The outcome with the first chosen contractor for the C&F project has not turned out well. It remains to be seen if we have taken a financial loss on this.
Perhaps we have. I would venture to suggest however that doing nothing, or waiting in the hope of a better outcome, might ultimately result in an even bigger financial loss.

Alistair20000

Perhaps we have. I would venture to suggest however that doing nothing, or waiting in the hope of a better outcome, might ultimately result in an even bigger financial loss.
I don't know all the facts so I cannot comment fully. All I can say is that the first chosen contractor looked dubious and even wrong for a project of this size. I made this point to the Trust Chair and was assured all was well but it is not clear precisely what due diligence was carried out.

Antony Moxey

A lot more net assets than £624,000
Why? All that proves is that they've acquired a lot of stuff. Perhaps, as I said previously, they lease all their stuff instead.

older-codger

I guess in terms of net assets it depends how the figure is made up. Ultimately I would suggest that the net cash figure is most relevant and whether that is high enough to finance the project or whether it is dependant on cash flow from the project itself in which case care will need to be taken with any advance payments

Red Bill

The new building will be situated right in front of the old pavilion I think.
Ah OK, thanks!

Alistair20000

Why? All that proves is that they've acquired a lot of stuff. Perhaps, as I said previously, they lease all their stuff instead.
It proves they own assets which can be checked to the Companies House website. If I place a contract with a company with assets I am more likely to get a remedy if something goes wrong. It is a waste of time and money taking action to recover losses against a company with limited assets.

SaintJames

If you were slightly cynical you could say this has appeared now and been rushed through on the back of the euphoria of promotion when people may not ask too many questions. Hopefully those on the two boards have thought this through and are not gambling with our long term future or our current progress.
Possibly the most patronising comment of the year!

Antony Moxey

It proves they own assets which can be checked to the Companies House website. If I place a contract with a company with assets I am more likely to get a remedy if something goes wrong. It is a waste of time and money taking action to recover losses against a company with limited assets.
Depends on the status of the company. If they’re not a limited company then you can pursue the owners.