• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Planning application for new training ground facilities

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
It can be, but we need to find some way of making sure the ones that have 'real' value make a commitment that allows us to realise that 'real' value...
Category 2 will help

Rosencrantz

Category 2 will help
Along with these excellent proposed facilities which looks like it includes all the material requirements of a Grade 2 academy. It looks great and shows ambition to keep improving.

Boyo

Along with these excellent proposed facilities which looks like it includes all the material requirements of a Grade 2 academy. It looks great and shows ambition to keep improving.
I’m pretty sure an indoor training pitch is necessary for Cat 2.

Rosencrantz

I’m pretty sure an indoor training pitch is necessary for Cat 2.
Did you look at the overview in the planning application? Whilst it maybe not specifically in this plan which only covers the accomodation buildings, it seems it is at least in the pipeline.

Red Bill

Looks like there would be opportunities for a building like that to bring in some income with a bit of creative thinking.

Boyo

Did you look at the overview in the planning application? Whilst it maybe not specifically in this plan which only covers the accomodation buildings, it seems it is at least in the pipeline.
Where is the overview please? There are a number of documents but I cannot see that particular one.

Boyo

Looks like there would be opportunities for a building like that to bring in some income with a bit of creative thinking.
I did note a small ‘cafe’ included by the artificial pitch, which would probably be more of a kiosk and aimed at parents / spectators of the academy matches. Additionally there is ‘changing’, in the same location so maybe an idea to sell the use of the artificial pitch to local clubs etc. I’m not sure how the Club could generate an income from the main building however, unless they merely rent rooms out, which is plausible.

Rosencrantz

Where is the overview please? There are a number of documents but I cannot see that particular one.
Sorry, it's listed as the Masterplan Layout. Second last document on the list you posted. If you look at No.3 on the key, it states an 80x50 covered 3g pitch.

Red Nose

Ignore

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whilst to me and a lot of us Grecians this is exciting news particularly with looking to put in place an ability to upgrade the academy so the theiving Barstewards of the premiership may have to pay more to steal our nippers, how would it be funded? T

here is mention of Grants etc and we do have the Ollie money and the Ben Chrisene money (I am sure you can discount any money for Ethan), but this can only cover so much and as someone else on another thread pointed out the SJP pitch needs a bit of TLC given to it which will cost and we have to fund through the current Covid crisis, and we have to improve the squad then maintain the squad at higher financial levels should we get promoted, so what sort of percentage would the club have to fund and what would we get from grants etc.