Planning application for new training ground facilities

Red Nose

These plans and the proposed facilities look fantastic. I played for the various ECFC youth teams in the early to mid 90's and I thought at the time the facilities were antiquated.

This is much needed investment, but I am curious to know the cost, which presumably will not be cheap. I note in the (terribly written) DevonLive article that there may be access to grants and funding, which would require planning permission to be in place.

Reactions: WXF

Matt Phillips

That looks great, looks like the Watkins money is getting put to good use!
Or maybe not...

“In a situation where Exeter City struggles to even meet the upkeep costs of a building, which was constructed almost 50 years ago, any significant improvements to the facilities at the cliff Hill training ground will inevitably be achieved only through grants and funding, a prerequisite of which is evidence of planning approval."

I know that a couple of years ago there were early plans for a modular built facility, and that was still in excess of £1m. This looks more advance, so would imagine a sizeable cost. "Project Big Picture" specifically mentioned infrastructure funding for EFL clubs as part of the plan. Maybe there's a view that something similar is still likely...