• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Planning application for new training ground facilities

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
You have to love social media, people seem to take offence too easily. On an industrial level supply chain companies have even found a way to make money from recycling polystyrene, for someone that has spent my working life in the not so glamourous industry the changes in supply chain in recent years are fab. Closed loop supply chain networks for cardboard for example is great to see. Sustainability policies to become more eco are now at Board Level in many companies as a strategy. Am happy to put you in touch with businesses that would help expand your great network. Feel free to PM. Happy to share rates to see how they compare. The scheme we have is brilliant. How about about extended it down to other parts of Devon, under a Council branded partnership. we can then tap into the loyalty of our rival fans. :)
Looks like we need to look no further than TVR to become ECFC's unofficial recycling fund raising Tzar.

SaintJames

You have to love social media, people seem to take offence too easily. On an industrial level supply chain companies have even found a way to make money from recycling polystyrene, for someone that has spent my working life in the not so glamourous industry the changes in supply chain in recent years are fab. Closed loop supply chain networks for cardboard for example is great to see. Sustainability policies to become more eco are now at Board Level in many companies as a strategy. Am happy to put you in touch with businesses that would help expand your great network. Feel free to PM. Happy to share rates to see how they compare. The scheme we have is brilliant. How about about extended it down to other parts of Devon, under a Council branded partnership. we can then tap into the loyalty of our rival fans. :)
I may be being dim but why would companies in the area you live be interested in a partnership with a club in the south west?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Progress!

Boyo

I cannot recall what the original cost was, but's it's now just shy of £3m :oops:

MagicMushroom

I cannot recall what the original cost was, but's it's now just shy of £3m :oops:
I believe the original cost was going to be around £2.2 million. An extra £778,000

ExmouthMart

In the original tender process, I think four companies were invited to submit to do the work. One dropped out immediately. Enviro Building Solutions Ltd. were chosen and subsequently decided not to proceed. It was stated the main criteria of the winning bid was the lowest cost. Of the two left Modulek Ltd. based in Verwood, Dorset has now been awarded the contract at considerably more money. £778,000 more in fact……
As it was originally stated an expected £1m from player add ons was due in September and The Trust would ‘loan’ up to £600,000. Where’s the extra money coming from?!

• Restarting the tender process, which would have delayed the project by up to as much as six months and potentially exposed the club to more inflationary pressures, with a consequential increase in the total project cost.
  • Other forms of construction, which would have required a new planning permission and would have delayed the project by 12-18 months. Given the comparison exercises carried out as part of the original assessments, there would have been no guarantee that it would be any cheaper and, with the continuing global volatility around construction prices, the end cost could have, in fact, been more expensive.
    So who has taken this decision then?! We are committed to something that is presently going to cost far more than was originally stated and I don’t see anything to cover the fact that this company might back out and leave us hanging financially again. Just a mention of due diligence. I bet if the boot was on the other foot we wouldn’t get longer to pay! I hope this isn’t going to impact other budgets. A lot of season tickets have been sold and plenty of people on here are talking up expectations.
    If you were slightly cynical you could say this has appeared now and been rushed through on the back of the euphoria of promotion when people may not ask too many questions. Hopefully those on the two boards have thought this through and are not gambling with our long term future or our current progress.

Red Bill

Where is the new building going to be positioned? I'd assumed it would be where the existing pavilion is but the article says the old building won't be pulled down until after the new one is up.
I understand why that makes sense and it doesn't matter, but i'm just curious!

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
In the original tender process, I think four companies were invited to submit to do the work. One dropped out immediately. Enviro Building Solutions Ltd. were chosen and subsequently decided not to proceed. It was stated the main criteria of the winning bid was the lowest cost. Of the two left Modulek Ltd. based in Verwood, Dorset has now been awarded the contract at considerably more money. £778,000 more in fact……
As it was originally stated an expected £1m from player add ons was due in September and The Trust would ‘loan’ up to £600,000. Where’s the extra money coming from?!

• Restarting the tender process, which would have delayed the project by up to as much as six months and potentially exposed the club to more inflationary pressures, with a consequential increase in the total project cost.
  • Other forms of construction, which would have required a new planning permission and would have delayed the project by 12-18 months. Given the comparison exercises carried out as part of the original assessments, there would have been no guarantee that it would be any cheaper and, with the continuing global volatility around construction prices, the end cost could have, in fact, been more expensive.
    So who has taken this decision then?! We are committed to something that is presently going to cost far more than was originally stated and I don’t see anything to cover the fact that this company might back out and leave us hanging financially again. Just a mention of due diligence. I bet if the boot was on the other foot we wouldn’t get longer to pay! I hope this isn’t going to impact other budgets. A lot of season tickets have been sold and plenty of people on here are talking up expectations.
    If you were slightly cynical you could say this has appeared now and been rushed through on the back of the euphoria of promotion when people may not ask too many questions. Hopefully those on the two boards have thought this through and are not gambling with our long term future or our current progress.
The decision to award the original contract to Enviro looked dangerous to me when I looked at its balance sheet.

Modulek is a bit more substantial but its net assets are only £624,000 so to me they look a risky contractor choice for a contract of this size when costs are soaring.

I would seriously consider whether it is desirable to put this project on hold until building cost inflation settles down.

The "big project" that goes wrong is often fatal in financial terms.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Where is the new building going to be positioned? I'd assumed it would be where the existing pavilion is but the article says the old building won't be pulled down until after the new one is up.
I understand why that makes sense and it doesn't matter, but i'm just curious!
The new building will be situated right in front of the old pavilion I think.

Boyo

This is helpful to re-visit: